Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Build Thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@nobznss - Just went through every single one of the updates on your build thread and it's awesome to see all you've done! I love the attention to detail and thoroughness. I went through a similar exercise to the car I replaced with my 75D - a 1999 Lexus GS400 (now for sale) and it was so much fun!

It was great to see most of your mods (the blacked out /or CF trim, the custom headlights, the powder coating of the wheels (gloss black?), tint, replacement of LED's etc. My car already had the newer front end, but I like the idea of wrapping the rear diffuser in CF.

I don't plan on doing much to my car as its a daily driver for me, so I've only done some minor stuff. I replaced all the LED's (4 puddle, 4 foot well, 1 frunk, 3 trunk, Glove box lights with Abstract Ocean equivalents.). Got 35% tint all around except the rear windscreen which is 20% (no tint on the front windscreen of course). I will eventually get the calipers powder coated and will get 21" Black Arachnids for the summer (and keep the stock 19" slipstreams for winter).

Just subscribed to updates on this thread to see where you continue to evolve the car. You've had the car for 2 years now, I guess you're not flipping it anymore?

Charge display is part of the lighted appliqué. The standard functions are: Scroll on left turn and right turn ( the T E S L A will light in turn SCROLL ) stop will light up solid Red and reverse will light the TESLA White. The charge display is the letters TESLA and lighted "T" will flash GREEN, at first the flash will be faster and then slow down. You set this ruction via your iPhone (app). The software is already installed
for when we find a 12 volt signal to turn the charge display on automatically.

The Gen IV also has a number of special effects that can be run while the car is not moving.

Gen IV Appliqué - Google Drive

Charge display is part of the lighted appliqué. The standard functions are: Scroll on left turn and right turn ( the T E S L A will light in turn SCROLL ) stop will light up solid Red and reverse will light the TESLA White. The charge display is the letters TESLA and lighted "T" will flash GREEN, at first the flash will be faster and then slow down. You set this ruction via your iPhone (app). The software is already installed
for when we find a 12 volt signal to turn the charge display on automatically.

The Gen IV also has a number of special effects that can be run while the car is not moving.

Gen IV Appliqué - Google Drive
Very cool. How much is it and how easy is it to install by yourself?

A number of people have done the install themselves. I would say that an extra set of hands are always better especially removing and reinstalling the molding in the trunk. I have to add the new Gen IV applique cost to the website, Will do that once I'm back from vacation. The cost of the parts are going to be between $650.00 and $700.00. If you had your car wired the you could purchase the Gen IV kit and get re refund fro the old controller.

@nobznss - Just went through every single one of the updates on your build thread and it's awesome to see all you've done! I love the attention to detail and thoroughness. I went through a similar exercise to the car I replaced with my 75D - a 1999 Lexus GS400 (now for sale) and it was so much fun!

It was great to see most of your mods (the blacked out /or CF trim, the custom headlights, the powder coating of the wheels (gloss black?), tint, replacement of LED's etc. My car already had the newer front end, but I like the idea of wrapping the rear diffuser in CF.

I don't plan on doing much to my car as its a daily driver for me, so I've only done some minor stuff. I replaced all the LED's (4 puddle, 4 foot well, 1 frunk, 3 trunk, Glove box lights with Abstract Ocean equivalents.). Got 35% tint all around except the rear windscreen which is 20% (no tint on the front windscreen of course). I will eventually get the calipers powder coated and will get 21" Black Arachnids for the summer (and keep the stock 19" slipstreams for winter).

Just subscribed to updates on this thread to see where you continue to evolve the car. You've had the car for 2 years now, I guess you're not flipping it anymore?

Oh it got flipped - well sort of. I sold it to my sister back in California. She's had it for about a year (thus no updates to the thread) but has put about another 20K miles on her. My bro-in-law works at Space X and gets comments on the car all the time. Even though she's not mine any more, she's still a beaut and still part of the family.