TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My Tesla Model S Factory Tour is today... anything I should know?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by eRandall38, Sep 15, 2014.

1. eRandall38

eRandall38 Member

Tour is in about 3 hours. I know I need closed toed shoes, shirt with sleeves, long pants, 15 min early, etc.

For those who have been before, anything else noteworthy I should now or would be nice to give me a heads up on? I am very excited. Say no photos, I assume I can just take some outside.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Please respect the no photos rule. When I had my tour, some idiot kept taking out his camera in spite of being told not to several times. I was getting embarrassed for him as well as annoyed for the rest of us because it kept holding up the tour while this guy was "reminded".

You can take photos to your heart's content outside, and in the waiting area as far as I know.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I'm surprised he didn't get tossed from the tour. I mean, there's nothing going on in the tour that's overly sensitive: I suspect all competitors have already snagged a tour spot at some point. But they give you pretty much one rule: "Don't take pictures." Once, OK, you need reminded that we're serious. More than once... you wait in the parking lot.

4. Chuck Lusin

Chuck Lusin Chuck P10548 Jenny P10614

Looks like you got it. Have a fun tour, and congrats on the car!

5. Perfect_Flaw

Perfect_Flaw Banned

I went in there with my DSLR and various lenses and they warned me a couple times, but I left with about 175-200 hi res shots that I sold to BMW and Mercedes for $10K.. no big

6. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

Considering the looks of the I3 your camera is broken, dude.

7. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

I hope BMW and Mercedes were able to copy the layout and color palette of the Tesla restrooms.

8. TesAus

TesAus Member

Maybe the camera wasn't broken and that's what they used as inspiration for the I3?

9. Gabzqc

Gabzqc Member

Very good!

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I've been in other auto factories and they will either make you leave cameras and cell phones at Security or will cover the lens with a security sticker that they inspect and remove when you leave. Tesla isn't going to those extremes, so it just makes sense to respect their rules and not ruin it for everyone else.

11. gglockner

gglockner Member

Exactly. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us - I'm sure Tesla will stop giving tours if guests become a nuisance.