Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S purchase experience and recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to share my great experience I recently had when placing an order for my 2017 Model S.
I was lucky and somehow was routed to Robb Silverstein at Tesla who could not have been more helpful.
I told him exactly what I wanted to build and he found an identical car rolling off the assembly line slotted to be an "inventory car". This actually shaved several weeks off of my waiting time and I got exactly what I wanted in a much shorter time period.
Long story short, I could tell that he really takes pride in his work and the Tesla brand.
If you are thinking about purchasing a car and have questions, his email address is: [email protected]

You are also welcome to PM me if you are interested in learning more about my purchase experience. I also installed a full PPF wrap on the car which I would highly recommend. I am happy to answer questions about that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, thanks for sharing.

How does this differ from building your order online, using a referral code, and placing a deposit? I assume that's how most do it for new cars.

A. Robb's knowledge was helpful when selecting options, battery, etc.

B. He has a full view into all inventory cars and even knows which inventory cars actually haven't been delivered.
My needs matched an inventory car that never came off the truck. It was brand new and I had it in my hands in less than 2 weeks. Beats waiting longer...

Ordering online, I hear is also pretty easy, but I'm old school and want to ask a lot of questions...or so my wife tells me;)