Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model3 SR+ LFP will not charge!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, my 2021 Tesla Model 3SR+ is not letting me charge anymore.. To an extent. For example, whenever I try to plug in my Wallbox 40V charger in the car, the actuators make a clicking sound about 5 times then the T logo stays a solid blue for a couple of seconds then turns red.

By that time I decided to try teslas provided charging cable with the 110V attached to it. This time in the vehicle it says ”Charging Equipment Not Ready”..
I thought my house was the problem but I tried the teslas connector at my friends 110v outlet and that too did not work showing the same warning previously.

Interestingly the vehicle will charge at a change point+ Nearby. But can someone explain why is that?

Anything is extremely helpful, I do have an appointment with a mobile tech sometime this week and have a roadside service claim open so this problem can get prioritized. :)

(Note; I do live in Alaska. So I do not have a supercharger within 100miles of me and don’t have a service center nearby, only mobile techs)
6C329382-796D-47D4-BAF5-7B748BD5AF26.jpeg
5256000C-DEEC-4B4D-A88F-3365726EEF5A.jpeg

Solution
Our amazing mobile technician we have up here replaced my faulty charging ECU (which I had suspected) and voila! Everything finally works and it wasn’t my at home charger or charger which I thought it was.

But that’s not all, I had a feeling in me that this was also a CCS adapter upgrade, so I went to check after the fix and to my surprise .. my vehicle before when it wasn’t fixed went from “CCS not Enabled” to Enabled!! Sooo a basic ecu upgrade is all that’s needed to get CCS adapter support. Hope this helps anyone!
Our amazing mobile technician we have up here replaced my faulty charging ECU (which I had suspected) and voila! Everything finally works and it wasn’t my at home charger or charger which I thought it was.

But that’s not all, I had a feeling in me that this was also a CCS adapter upgrade, so I went to check after the fix and to my surprise .. my vehicle before when it wasn’t fixed went from “CCS not Enabled” to Enabled!! Sooo a basic ecu upgrade is all that’s needed to get CCS adapter support. Hope this helps anyone!

Upvote 0
Solution