Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla S P85d nightmare. I don't think I ever want another tesla ever again and want to get rid of this junk asap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pandas752 - I'm sorry for your experience. I really am. You're likely already doing this, but best bet forward is to just get a new key and trade this in right away, either to Tesla for an older Model 3 (if you really need to be in a Tesla) or for something less expensive but newer (e.g. a Kia Niro, Hyundai Ioniq, or a Toyota hybrid) - whatever car where you don't have to shell out any more cash. I wouldn't prolong this and try to go for breakeven at this point - you made some mistakes and IMO you should cut your losses and accept you may have to downgrade. I'm going to assume at this point you've learned a hard lesson but it's just a car and $ at the end of the day. Not worth the stress or time.

@Pandas752 - I'm sorry for your experience. I really am. You're likely already doing this, but best bet forward is to just get a new key and trade this in right away, either to Tesla for an older Model 3 (if you really need to be in a Tesla) or for something less expensive but newer (e.g. a Kia Niro, Hyundai Ioniq, or a Toyota hybrid) - whatever car where you don't have to shell out any more cash. I wouldn't prolong this and try to go for breakeven at this point - you made some mistakes and IMO you should cut your losses and accept you may have to downgrade. I'm going to assume at this point you've learned a hard lesson but it's just a car and $ at the end of the day. Not worth the stress or time.
This is great advice. Spot on. Best of luck to you, OP.

Reactions: Pandas752
Yup, thanks. I have a brand new car shipping to me either next week or in two weeks from its original maker. I ordered it about a month ago.

Apparently even though the KBB is much higher on my tesla now, no one wants to buy it for KBB value (possibly because I live in the mid west where we don't have very many charging stations yet and we have salted roads and freezing temperatures), so I'm trying to see if I can get the sale reversed or I'll just have to sell or trade it in for ~10k less than what I purchased it for. It's possible it has frame damage because the alignment has been extremely off but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth figuring out (the one place near me that can do it, the earliest they can do it is 4 weeks from now) . If I already have a good case as it is, the lawyers should be able to pull all documents on the car. I don't want to shell out more money on this car if I don't have to.

During all this discussion I found out it used to be a leased vehicle, so it probably never had service done to it so I'm less upset about the normal upgrades like the mcu and 12v battery since those would need to be upgraded from the original by now if they weren't ever replaced. However, the left turn signal light and repainted section are very suspicious especially when they are both on the same side and area...

I would really like to get back what I bought it for especially when KBB is so much higher for it now but I live in an area where teslas don't seem to be in demand (mid west) so I'm probably just going to take a loss after my new car gets here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: tesla service just called me and told me they found my key miraculously after I already paid for a new one and sent that certified letter to the tow place asking them to refund me 🙄

And I'd rather not say what car I got because I don't want to doxx myself or get harassed if people see me or my new car irl but it's definitely not a tesla and it's definitely a brand new car from the manufacturer

Update: tesla service just called me and told me they found my key miraculously after I already paid for a new one and sent that certified letter to the tow place asking them to refund me 🙄

And I'd rather not say what car I got because I don't want to doxx myself or get harassed if people see me or my new car irl but it's definitely not a tesla and it's definitely a brand new car from the manufacturer

The fact that you said your next car is not Tesla will get you in trouble already.

Glad this is close to finality for you soon.

Eh... I mean, I get it. I wish it wasn't this way. I wish you got a great car and really got to enjoy it. I love mine even though it hasn't been perfect. But it's just a car. All the best to you and Pikachu.
Thanks :) yeah I bet we just have new people at our service center lol but I am glad to not have to go back ever again

Reactions: byeLT4
Decided to get it checked for frame damage at one of the Tesla certified places on the Tesla website. It's better to know than to not know and would help reduce my stress and worry, and help me decide how I want to move forward with it. I just have to wait another month since they are just as booked as tesla service centers. Took more research to figure it out than I thought it would since most places can't inspect for frame damage apparently

I spent over $2,000 on replacing the mcu, center screen, and left turn signal and then the Tesla mechanic told me there's a section that was repainted and the alignment is off. This makes me think it was in a car accident which makes me mad because I specifically asked the dealership I purchased it from if it was in an accident and they said "no, it has a clean title".
Judging by what you say I would guess you are right .. this is a car that's been in an accident and has been (badly) patched up. I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience. However, I think it's a bit unfair to blame Tesla for this .. after all, this could happen to ANY car brand, and I dont really think any maker has any control over unscrupulous independent "dealers".

Judging by what you say I would guess you are right .. this is a car that's been in an accident and has been (badly) patched up. I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience. However, I think it's a bit unfair to blame Tesla for this .. after all, this could happen to ANY car brand, and I dont really think any maker has any control over unscrupulous independent "dealers".
You're right and thanks, I was just frustrated with how much service was done and how long my car has been with them. It was with the SC for almost 3 whole weeks just for a 12v battery and battery heater and they lost my key

How we do know you diddnt cause the frame damage?
Because tesla confirmed the hidden body damage in an inspection when I got the vehicle and all accidents are supposed to be reported. The dealership should have records of the damage. The lawyers will be able to get those documents. They sold me a vehicle that was in an accident without disclosing that and that's illegal even if it doesn't have frame damage

And before you say: "wha why are you taking so long to sue" because you sound like a dumb kid: I've been trying to contact the dealership and sales person, the ftc, the bbb, their state's attorney general, and lawyers from their state and that doesn't happen overnight and I finally just today got a response from a lawyer for documentation

And I forgot about this comment tesla left until today when I was uploading scans (better quality than this picture of course)

Attachments

• 20220204_175106.jpg
    20220204_175106.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 111
Because tesla confirmed the hidden body damage in an inspection when I got the vehicle and all accidents are supposed to be reported. The dealership should have records of the damage. The lawyers will be able to get those documents. They sold me a vehicle that was in an accident without disclosing that and that's illegal even if it doesn't have frame damage
There're no such things as all accidents are reported and dealership has to have the records. Carfax and autocheck are as good as their data sources. If sources like insurance or collision centers didn't report then they'd have no data of the incident or the repair work. The used car dealership isn't obligated to provide you the record of past accident - assuming they even know about it because the last owner gave them the record when trading it in. Well, when it's your turn to sell it, you don't mention it in your ebay post. At least when I looked at your ebay post a few days ago, you only listed the new stuff that you replaced.
I feel pity for you OP. I really do. But you have to understand that you bought the car as-is, sight unseen without inspection, there's no one you can blame but yourself. Let it be your lesson and move on.

There're no such things as all accidents are reported and dealership has to have the records. Carfax and autocheck are as good as their data sources. If sources like insurance or collision centers didn't report then they'd have no data of the incident or the repair work. The used car dealership isn't obligated to provide you the record of past accident - assuming they even know about it because the last owner gave them the record when trading it in. Well, when it's your turn to sell it, you don't mention it in your ebay post. At least when I looked at your ebay post a few days ago, you only listed the new stuff that you replaced.
I feel pity for you OP. I really do. But you have to understand that you bought the car as-is, sight unseen without inspection, there's no one you can blame but yourself. Let it be your lesson and move on.
It wasn't owned by a previous owner so you're wrong, else these lawyers wouldn't take my case. It was a FLEET vehicle, not owned by a previous owner

And I don't know for a fact if it's been in an accident or not. I've rejected all offers and only have it posted to see what people will offer

Don't offer or reject legal advice if you don't understand laws

I said all accidents are SUPPOSED to be reported

Status
Not open for further replies.