Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2. Why doesn't the car have passenger seat memory? This seems like a very simple software fix...

It may not have the hardware sensors in the passenger seat itself. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe any of my past cars had passenger seat memory either.

3. I don't have range anxiety, I have supercharger anxiety....

That brought back memories! There were no superchargers when I first got my car, and regular public infrastructure wasn't nearly as good as it is to day either. I used to joke that I never had "range anxiety", but I often had "charge anxiety". I only have 20 amps / 240 volts in my garage and would worry if I came in late with a low SOC, I might not recover enough for my approx. 100 mile round trip commute the next day... especially in the winter.

It may not have the hardware sensors in the passenger seat itself. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe any of my past cars had passenger seat memory either.

When my car was in for service the first time around, I got a Mercedes C 300 (or something like that?), and I'm pretty sure it had passenger seat memory. I think it had something like this: mercedes passenger seat memory - Google Search

But you're right, they may not have put the sensors in place.

- - - Updated - - -

That brought back memories! There were no superchargers when I first got my car, and regular public infrastructure wasn't nearly as good as it is to day either. I used to joke that I never had "range anxiety", but I often had "charge anxiety". I only have 20 amps / 240 volts in my garage and would worry if I came in late with a low SOC, I might not recover enough for my approx. 100 mile round trip commute the next day... especially in the winter.

I had that too, while I was on 120V charging. I thought it'd be enough, since I only drive about 30 miles a day.

And for most cases it was enough, but on weekends when we'd do more driving or after we came back from a roadtrip with only a few percent left, I realized that I need a NEMA 14-50. That charging anxiety has went away :)

I had that too, while I was on 120V charging. I thought it'd be enough, since I only drive about 30 miles a day.

And for most cases it was enough, but on weekends when we'd do more driving or after we came back from a roadtrip with only a few percent left, I realized that I need a NEMA 14-50. That charging anxiety has went away :)

I have that too. I knew I needed to drive 100 miles today and yesterday had 100. I figured with the overnight charge, I'd be at 130 and would have plenty of room for the trip. Then I got pulled into a cookout yesterday and got home with only 50 miles left. Had to swing by the SpC on my way this morning b/c I was going to arrive at my destination with 7% power without an option to charge back towards 100 for the return trip.

6. The rear seats have no AC. Seriously? Sigh... my kids will only sit there when it's less than 85 degrees outside. I put on heat reducing tint and got the rear sunshade and got them handheld fans. But this is a serious design flaw with no retrofit in mind. They like the seats, but haven't been able to use them much.

I am still hoping they address this prior to my getting my car early next year, but have you considered the Noggle? This will be my solution if TM doesn't fix... It ain't purdy, but it does come in black. I could see running the hose from the back vents to the 3rd row.

slide1.jpg

I am still hoping they address this prior to my getting my car early next year, but have you considered the Noggle? This will be my solution if TM doesn't fix... It ain't purdy, but it does come in black. I could see running the hose from the back vents to the 3rd row.

View attachment 93478

I have considered it. And I tried making my own DIY ugly (but a fraction of the cost of the noggle) solution, and it's not enough air when it's hotter than 85F. Precooling the car, getting them fans, etc. still no go.

This is one feature which I have a love-hate relationship with, and almost wish I didn't get. Kids loved it for the first few weeks. Then didn't use it for about a month and half, then used it a few times when it was in the 70s in the mornings, and then refused to use it again.

7. I now do a 100% charge before each roadtrip, it makes the first stop shorter. But after driving out from my in-laws house with only 30-40RM, and having to stop at the nearest Spc to get enough buffer to get to the next SpC, and then spending the extra time at the next SpC to get enough buffer to go on, etc. I realized that leaving with such a low SoC added almost an hour to my trip (could've skipped the first SpC completely, and spend about 1/2 the time at the 2nd one). Going to use their dryer plug next time we visit.
Congratulations on your three months anniversary!
I agree with this. After depleting the first full charge, recouping the charge from coming charging stops takes longer time, especially in the morning! For this reason I usually leave my car at the charger while eating dinner or breakfast. Here, there are many CHAdeMOs so I wake up at a hotel, drive Tesla to the nearest charger, take a walk or a taxi back, eat breakfast and go back to pick my car up. Much better to have destination charging though.

The car is 1 year old now. 23k miles on the odometer and counting. At this rate, by the time the battery warranty runs out, I'll be approaching 200k miles.

After a year, I decided it's a good time to have it professionally detailed. The paint didn't have the "new car" shine anymore. Had a mobile detailer come to my house, washed, clay bar, polish, wax and sealant. The swirls are much better now, and the guy even got out most of the holograms my car had on the hood, amazing job.

He also noticed right away that my passenger door was repainted (well it was replaced: Door ding) <-- it's not freshly washed there, but you can see the comparison in reflections.

After he was done, said if I want to keep the shine and to minimize the swirls, touchless car washes only, and the sealant/wax should last a year... so I admit, I'll try a year of touchless, and maybe I'll be a convert too.

It was dark by the time he finished, but it had a like new reflection/shine
20160613_195049.jpg