Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

my tesla wakes up veryyyy slowly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as soon as I approach my tesla 3 with my Iphone in my pocket, I first have to wait until it wakes up. First I have to open the App on my Iphone to make a connection and wake up my Tesla. Someone has experience with this or has advice? Tesla has no idea....

do you mean my iphone setting?

iOS 13 introduced some more aggressive app management, and the tesla app needs to be running in the background. Make sure you have it set to always allow and if / when the iPhone pops up stating that the tesla app is using your data in the background, set it to the most permissive state that it shows (always allow should show).

as soon as I approach my tesla 3 with my Iphone in my pocket, I first have to wait until it wakes up. First I have to open the App on my Iphone to make a connection and wake up my Tesla. Someone has experience with this or has advice? Tesla has no idea....

Common scenario.

It's not waking up slowly, it just doesn't hear your phone quick enough. Phones in back pockets are notorious for not being heard.

i hate this term "heard" when referring to BT. BT is a radio transmission. if there is something obstructing the transmitter, it's not going to be "heard". when i run with my phone in my belt and with BT headphones, the audio will often get interrupted, but if i have my phone on the other side of the room, i have clear, uninterrupted audio.

make sure your phone isn't aggressively killing the app and make sure your phone is "visible" to your car upon approach.

iOS 13 introduced some more aggressive app management, and the tesla app needs to be running in the background. Make sure you have it set to always allow and if / when the iPhone pops up stating that the tesla app is using your data in the background, set it to the most permissive state that it shows (always allow should show).
13.2.2 fixed the memory management issue.

is the phone by chance in your back pocket ? I usually approach the car with my phone in hand or front pocket and have no problems. With phone in my back pocket I see the delayed/slow awakenings.