Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla went silent inside (bluetooth error?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had something strange happen today - While driving, my iPhone rang and I hit the right steering wheel button to answer the phone. It did not answer, but the radio went silent. The phone kept ringing and eventually went to VM. After that, the radio was still silent and all of the options were blocked out (no changing radio channels or internet radio), plus could not make calls.

About 20 minutes later, my phone rang again - the car did not ring. I hit the speakerphone button on the phone and suddenly it went to the car system. The radio worked after that.

Any ideas on what happened, I figure some type of Bluetooth error? Is there a way to reset the system on the car if this happens again?

Had something strange happen today - While driving, my iPhone rang and I hit the right steering wheel button to answer the phone. It did not answer, but the radio went silent. The phone kept ringing and eventually went to VM. After that, the radio was still silent and all of the options were blocked out (no changing radio channels or internet radio), plus could not make calls.

About 20 minutes later, my phone rang again - the car did not ring. I hit the speakerphone button on the phone and suddenly it went to the car system. The radio worked after that.

Any ideas on what happened, I figure some type of Bluetooth error? Is there a way to reset the system on the car if this happens again?

press both scroll wheels on your steering wheel simultaneously for about 10 seconds until your screen turns off. It should reboot the center console and fix the issue. It resets the audio/bluetooth system and many other things such as UI glitches.

And don't worry, you can do this while the vehicle is in motion. It's separate from the other systems that are critical to the operation of the vehicle, so there's no need to pull over or anything