Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My timeline (from assessment to permission to operate)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assessment ---------------- 02/14/19
Signed Contract ----------- 02/25/19
Permit Application -------- 03/15/19
Permit Received ---------- 04/12/19
Install ------------------------ 04/25/19
Inspection ------------------ 04/26/19
Permission to Operate -- 04/30/19

Overall, it took 75 days from start to finish.

I had a 10.395 kW system with one Powerwall installed.

Since there was a recent price change of the panels, I emailed Tesla if it would be possible to change the pricing. I quickly received a reply stating that since the system was installed already, they cannot re-price the contract, but they would look into a possibility of a rebate since I just had the system installed. The Sr. Energy Project Coordinator submitted a request for a possible rebate.​

it only took 4 days for the permission to operate by NJ PSEG? I am really surprised since they are telling me it will be 6-8 weeks. i just had my panels put up and local permit guys are coming over on Friday. I can't wait to actually use the system.

Since there was a recent price change of the panels, I emailed Tesla if it would be possible to change the pricing. I quickly received a reply stating that since the system was installed already, they cannot re-price the contract, but they would look into a possibility of a rebate since I just had the system installed. The Sr. Energy Project Coordinator submitted a request for a possible rebate.​

Per other threads, it doesn't appear the price drop reported in the media is "real" as others have compared prices before vs after the NYT article. Can you share what $/watt was your install and how much "rebate" your Coordinator is asking for?

Reactions: hodad66
Per other threads, it doesn't appear the price drop reported in the media is "real" as others have compared prices before vs after the NYT article. Can you share what $/watt was your install and how much "rebate" your Coordinator is asking for?
I received a phone call today that I will be receiving (confirmed) $6,650 rebate. I do not know if that's in a check form, or if they send the money to the finance company.

The NYT has now corrected their article to call it a 16% price drop instead of a 38% price drop: Tesla to Reduce Solar Panel Prices by Up to 16%: NYT

They clearly were comparing the numbers after incentives.

Assessment ---------------- 02/14/19
Signed Contract ----------- 02/25/19
Permit Application -------- 03/15/19
Permit Received ---------- 04/12/19
Install ------------------------ 04/25/19
Inspection ------------------ 04/26/19
Permission to Operate -- 04/30/19

Overall, it took 75 days from start to finish.

I had a 10.395 kW system with one Powerwall installed.

I am in the process of getting a quote for a similar system what is the total system price Tesla gave?