Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My tinting and wrapping so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after quite a bit of thought (and a lot of forum-searching), i took my Model S to Glistening Perfection down in Orange County. I opted to do their Phase 2 Renewal Service, Nano coating, Clear Film with XPEL Ultimate, and Huper Optik Tint. Since my MS is black, it had some swirls and light scratches. They did end up doing a paint correction as well.

The techs at GP first washed and clayed the entire car and glass surfaces

IMG_1506-web900.jpg

Then they polished everything before applying the clear film. Moe is pretty OCD about this stuff and having everything be perfect

IMG_1508-web900.jpg

Entire front bumper was dis-assembled, then re-assembled for clear film install

IMG_1511-web900.jpg

IMG_1512-web900.jpg

Bumper ready to go back on

IMG_1515-web900.jpg

Here's a close shot with clear film INSTALLED

IMG_1517-web900.jpg

film edges don't seem visible at all

IMG_1519-web900.jpg

I decided to wrap the whole rear bumper for protection as my daughter rides in the back seat (her favorite ever)

IMG_1525-web900.jpg

IMG_1527-web900.jpg

IMG_1532-web900.jpg

IMG_1537-web900.jpg

IMG_1552-web900.jpg

I had Huper Optic Ceramic 60 installed on all windows, including windshield. Here's a shot looking in from the outside. Very light shade but the heat rejection is amazing. I decided to have them install Ceramic 15 on the back window for privacy since my daughter will be rear-facing back there

IMG_1553-web900.jpg

IMG_1562-web900.jpg

Last edited:
Looks phenomenal! Great choices all around on the wrap and the tinting. Shiny and beautiful. Congratulations! I'm thinking I definitely have to do the rear hatch tint as well since my son will be riding in the third row often.