TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My tinting and wrapping so far

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by studiojon, Oct 19, 2013.

1. studiojon

studiojon Member

#1 studiojon, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    So after quite a bit of thought (and a lot of forum-searching), i took my Model S to Glistening Perfection down in Orange County. I opted to do their Phase 2 Renewal Service, Nano coating, Clear Film with XPEL Ultimate, and Huper Optik Tint. Since my MS is black, it had some swirls and light scratches. They did end up doing a paint correction as well.

The techs at GP first washed and clayed the entire car and glass surfaces

IMG_1506-web900.jpg

Then they polished everything before applying the clear film. Moe is pretty OCD about this stuff and having everything be perfect

IMG_1508-web900.jpg

Entire front bumper was dis-assembled, then re-assembled for clear film install

IMG_1511-web900.jpg

IMG_1512-web900.jpg

Bumper ready to go back on

IMG_1515-web900.jpg

Here's a close shot with clear film INSTALLED

IMG_1517-web900.jpg

film edges don't seem visible at all

IMG_1519-web900.jpg

I decided to wrap the whole rear bumper for protection as my daughter rides in the back seat (her favorite ever)

IMG_1525-web900.jpg

IMG_1527-web900.jpg

IMG_1532-web900.jpg

IMG_1537-web900.jpg

IMG_1552-web900.jpg

I had Huper Optic Ceramic 60 installed on all windows, including windshield. Here's a shot looking in from the outside. Very light shade but the heat rejection is amazing. I decided to have them install Ceramic 15 on the back window for privacy since my daughter will be rear-facing back there

IMG_1553-web900.jpg

IMG_1562-web900.jpg

2. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Looks phenomenal! Great choices all around on the wrap and the tinting. Shiny and beautiful. Congratulations! I'm thinking I definitely have to do the rear hatch tint as well since my son will be riding in the third row often.

3. wormhole

wormhole Banned

Looks like a very nice job.

4. texex91

texex91 Banned

Love it--and the black--yummy!!