Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My tire has been screwed by a screw!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got PSI warning. Sure enough found a screw in my tire. SoCal indies treat TO (Tesla only foam tires) like Dracula. Tesla roadside arriving tomorrow. $81 patched, $355 replaced. Due diligence mañana. Pretty sure it's fixable -- one month old, clean puncture, slow leak. However, if I need to replace it and can save 20% or more I will tell roadside to hit the road.

Last edited:
Got PSI warning. Sure enough found a screw in my tire. SoCal indies treat TO (Tesla only foam tires) like Dracula. Tesla roadside arriving tomorrow. $81 patched, $355 replaced. Due diligence mañana. Pretty sure it's fixable -- one month old, clean puncture, slow leak. However, if I need to replace it and can save 20% or more I will tell roadside to hit the road.
Or learn how to plug a tire yourself for just a few bucks - YouTube is your friend.

Les Schwab tires center in SoCal (Fontana) fixes my tires many times. They cut out foam and patch the tire from the inside. They even took picture with their phone to show me the fix before putting the tire back up. And it is free even though I did not buy the tires there.

Reactions: TSLY
+1 thanks. $75, easy peasy. Don't mind paying for the labor and expertise but will take your advice and buy a kit, too.
Yeah good idea and don’t forget a compressor - small and efficient nowadays. And as Need mentioned, some places (I swear by Discount Tire) do free repairs but they’re very particular about where the leak is. Plus having your own fix handy can possibly avoid long waits and extra expense. Happy trails!

Reactions: TSLY
Yeah good idea and don’t forget a compressor - small and efficient nowadays. And as Need mentioned, some places (I swear by Discount Tire) do free repairs but they’re very particular about where the leak is. Plus having your own fix handy can possibly avoid long waits and extra expense. Happy trails!
Just discovered I got Firestone Tire center around corner. Good backup plan! Believe it or not I think I picked up the screw at Tesla's screwy Santa Monica Service Center. o_O