Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Top Tesla Accessories - What are yours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
I had my Tesla for over a year and like many forum members, I purchased numerous accessories, some directly from Tesla's Shop Page and others 3rd party.

I have my top 8 favorites listed below. What are yours?

1) BackVue DR750S-2CH Dashcam
Forum Thread/Review

2) Handheld Mouse
Additional Info

3) HeatShield Sunshade
Forum Thread/Review

4) Silicone FobPocket

5) All Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Liners

6) Micro USB to Lighting

7) Quick220
Forum Thread/Review

8) Chrome Tire Valve Caps

Let me know if you have any questions and please share what accessories you use in your Tesla.

We have the DR750S, FobPocket, Tesla All Weather Mat set (+Frunk/Trunk), & TopFit Back Liners as well and love them. Also have Abstract Ocean 5H screen protector we have to install before we know if we like it.

The HeatShield has me interested and your video helped, @K-MTG thanks!

Just one question: for the top half of the front windscreen HeatShield, there are suction cups to attach to the glass. Can the suction cups be removed? We also got our front windshield & side windows tinted with PhotoSync and would love to slip the HeatShield between the Tesla mesh sunshade and the glass, but afraid the suction cup might pull the tint off if we're not careful when removing.

A few more things we really like:

- Norm's Cubby - super handy and even serving as a phone tray when using Waze
New Model X Cubby Drawer...Outstanding!

- Diono Travel Pal Car Storage - fits great for rear passenger use (6-seater at least)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NMP6IG/

- Abstract Ocean Lighting Upgrade - saved us from stepping in mud/poo more than a few times

- PhotoSync ceramic tint - really cut the heat down and driving with SC loaner for over a month was night and day regarding heat (75% front windshield, 65% sides)
Found the Tesla mesh ones were sufficient for FWD top for us though since the window for the sun to be at the right angle to annoy is pretty small.

We are looking for a seat protector (for car seat) now if anyone has a favorite...

We have the DR750S, FobPocket, Tesla All Weather Mat set (+Frunk/Trunk), & TopFit Back Liners as well and love them. Also have Abstract Ocean 5H screen protector we have to install before we know if we like it.

The HeatShield has me interested and your video helped, @K-MTG thanks!

Just one question: for the top half of the front windscreen HeatShield, there are suction cups to attach to the glass. Can the suction cups be removed? We also got our front windshield & side windows tinted with PhotoSync and would love to slip the HeatShield between the Tesla mesh sunshade and the glass, but afraid the suction cup might pull the tint off if we're not careful when removing.

A few more things we really like:

- Norm's Cubby - super handy and even serving as a phone tray when using Waze
New Model X Cubby Drawer...Outstanding!

- Diono Travel Pal Car Storage - fits great for rear passenger use (6-seater at least)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NMP6IG/

- Abstract Ocean Lighting Upgrade - saved us from stepping in mud/poo more than a few times

- PhotoSync ceramic tint - really cut the heat down and driving with SC loaner for over a month was night and day regarding heat (75% front windshield, 65% sides)
Found the Tesla mesh ones were sufficient for FWD top for us though since the window for the sun to be at the right angle to annoy is pretty small.

We are looking for a seat protector (for car seat) now if anyone has a favorite...

I would assume the suction cups can be removed but it would probably be very difficult to put them back on. I am not sure if the Tesla sunshade can support the heatshield but who knows....

You shouldn't really worry about the suction cups they aren't that strong, I also have tinting and took them out plenty of times without damaging the tint.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot

Ah, thanks! Missed that - should go well with my Diono Car Pal haha. We also saw the Brica Seat Guardian, but seeing it in person, the inner X piece seem to pop out after usage.

I would assume the suction cups can be removed but it would probably be very difficult to put them back on. I am not sure if the Tesla sunshade can support the heatshield but who knows....

You shouldn't really worry about the suction cups they aren't that strong, I also have tinting and took them out plenty of times without damaging the tint.

Awesome. This is great info. I got the idea to support the HeatShield with the Tesla one because I saw you had it like that in your video - but doh, of course you used the suction cups so it doesn't support weight :)

i have lots of "little detail" upgrades on my MX.

all Tesla "T's" have carbon fiber decals, as well as the "blinker"/side marker's and the "X" on the back. i wrapped my flip door in the console with carbon fiber wrap.

tinted the windows

waiting for my dash cam and lighted "T's" to come in...

abstract ocean phone mount, LED light upgrade, fob pockets & lanyard.

Tesla logo projector lights on my front 2 doors.

• Informative
Reactions: K-MTG