Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Top Tesla Accessories - What are yours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rectangular "Stop and Shop" reusable folding bags. They are the cheapest and best trunk organizers EVER, and make shopping super clean and easy. No dripping foods, no dust or dirt gets in the trunk. Stackable. Super easy to clean cheap enough to discard when damaged or dirty.

Lots of 'em collapse and fit neatly into the rear cargo area under the wood board in my 5 seat model.

Stop and Shop bag.jpg

Attachments

• Stop and Shop bag.jpg
    Stop and Shop bag.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 413
  • Stop and Shop bag.jpg
    Stop and Shop bag.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 389
One of the earlier posts in this thread linked to a Youtube vid about wiring up a blackvue to the ODB2 port. It said: "One of the nice things about wiring it to the ODB2, is that it's always on".

Do you all think that having a dash cam 'always on' is a good idea? I've always wired mine to keyed power so my cam only comes on while I'm driving only. I've never been interested in having it on while I'm not driving. Do you all think it's worth the battery drain to have the camera run 24/7 recording the blackness of your garage for 11 hours a night, to potentially capture some 'car off' footage at say a parking lot? I would think that it's a VERY off chance that I would ever use car off footage, but perhaps I'm wrong......If so, please change my view :)

One of the earlier posts in this thread linked to a Youtube vid about wiring up a blackvue to the ODB2 port. It said: "One of the nice things about wiring it to the ODB2, is that it's always on".

Do you all think that having a dash cam 'always on' is a good idea? I've always wired mine to keyed power so my cam only comes on while I'm driving only. I've never been interested in having it on while I'm not driving. Do you all think it's worth the battery drain to have the camera run 24/7 recording the blackness of your garage for 11 hours a night, to potentially capture some 'car off' footage at say a parking lot? I would think that it's a VERY off chance that I would ever use car off footage, but perhaps I'm wrong......If so, please change my view :)
believe me, if you don't park in a garage you will want it, or the numerous YT vids that show parking lot scrapes and dings that happen after the owner leaves the car...

Reactions: macd1995
Which ones did you get and have you had any issues with them coming off?

I bought these and they work great! Have put about 10,000 miles on them and the only time they have come off is after they protected my rims (they should be replaced after that). If you are like me and take parking spaces next to curbs (so folks can only ding your car on one side - LOL), they are a must.

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: X-pilot and Jouley
For the dashcam, I'm considering buying an IRO one for my model X that selling on Chinese taobao by many suppliers.
The biggest advantage of this is wire-free and simple installation. Here is one link:
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model X AP2 -in DVR/Dush Camera from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
HTB1XPVuRpXXXXayXFXXq6xXFXXX8.jpg

I myself is not related to the seller or IRO in anyway. I just saw a review where the author compared 4 such dashcams and IRO is one of them and I think it is the best of the 4.
https://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-2664-66757162-1.html

Been raining here off and on in NYC, and then I realized... The best accessories keep us safe.

Rain-X windshield solution is the best thing ever. I don't even need to use my wipers, and if I'm splashed by another vehicle the water breaks up and blows away super fast. I can see clearly at night on the highway at speed in heavy rain with some fog.

Best safety accessory ever because it really prevents driving issues in the rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jouley
This is a great thread. It is so great, in fact, that for 3 months during my wait I started making my list of what I would buy when my X arrived. And then my X arrived. And like a snap of the fingers I became obsessed and went on a huge buying spree. So here is a bunch of pics of this experience, things I loved, and things that didn't work out as great as I thought:

This is in no particular order:

1. Blackvue DR750S-2CH dash cam. This is easily my favorite purchase and that group buy on this forum was perfect timing. I had it professionally installed to perform a "center conduit" install of the front camera cables to achieve the "OEM" look, as well as a "hatchback conduit" install of the rear camera cable in the black hatchback conduit. I also wanted a constant power source without using the OBD option for a 'clean' look, as well as a constant power 12 volt cigarette lighter socket dongle in the space below the other cigarette lighter between the front seats for the tablet power (see below) (the existing 12 V cig lighter is a switched power source). I also ordered the custom Blackvue mirror mount. I am waiting for that to arrive, so the attached pic is the traditional mount.

2. Samsung Tablet with this mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAQKROW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This is also my hot spot and is stored in the center storage area while parked in public. It gets constant power off the same dash cam power source via the dongle above. I have a separate thread on the forum about it and if you have questions search for that. Suffice to say this works better than the stock browser experience, plus the 100 other things it adds to the connected world.

3. Abstract Ocean Ultra-Bright LED Interior Lights (the 13 light kit - at least for the 5 seat config). This was a no brainer to me and it really does make a difference, particularly to properly light my floor mat investment below. In fact, I bought this a month before the X arrived.

4. This wireless cell charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HNWU3AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is plugged into this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0144S0PDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 because it needs QC 2.0 to fast charge my Samsung wirelessly, so I use the stock switched 12VDC cig lighter in the center console for the power source for this device.

5. Key fob protector I got here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZPY523/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

6. Evannex Pet Cargo Cover plus this from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073BFVKM2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The review I read online said there was a danger for the dog to jump into the second row. My dog would definitely do this. Not anymore. Note: Not yet tested. I do not transport the dog very often and do not want permanent Velcro stuck in the compartment because I am OCD. So I cut little squares that will stick on and then I can remove on a per use basis for the "side panels". This fits perfectly by the way. I like it. Don't even think about getting it back in that perfect clear bag after you open it and refold it.

7. Evannex Luxe Mats - complete set. These are pricey, but perhaps is my second favorite accessory after the dash cam. I think they look amazing. See before and after pics below under the dead pedal discussion. Will need to go barefoot next time wife drives from what I read elsewhere.

8. Tesla All Weather mats, front and second row, for winter. These are on the way and delivery is expected tomorrow, which coincidentally is the first day snow flurries are expected in the region. So that is working out just nicely. I wont change out the Luxe mats for the season until the first 100,000,000 pounds of unnecessary salt gets dumped on the city for the first snow flurries of the season.

9. This stuff to wash the car: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U53JYG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8MZ7IA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZA7HUS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0NSL54/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00435GWN2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DO3RWX2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I had to actually buy the big spray bottle again after I knocked it off the shelf onto my garage floor and cracked the nozzle assembly not 10 minutes after I opened the Amazon package. That was a special moment. The little empty spray bottles is to keep a small portable cleaning kit of solutions in the car, which I purchased today on the aforesaid tablet, after a bird crapped on the car which I noticed after work and had nothing to IMMEDIATELY clean it.

10. RPM Tesla trunk organizers. But not just 1 of them - 2 of them. One for the frunk which stores all the stuff that came with the car, the other for the storage area under the rear cargo hold. I love these - both of them.

11. RPM Tesla - valve caps. They are just cool. For $15 bucks I like the black with red logo small touch. Last minute add to the RPM shopping cart.

12. RPM Tesla - screen cleaning kit. Can't have fingerprints. Too OCD.

13. RPM Tesla Dead Pedal. This looked great until my Luxe Mats arrived and the mat flap covered the pedal. Oops. Had to take it off. Lesson learned for someone random reading this. We will see how it looks / fits when the all-weather mats go in for the season.

14. RPM Tesla front and rear XPEL sill wraps. This one didn't work out so well. I really wanted these too. It is not RPM Tesla's fault. I guess I just suck at XPEL DIY stuff. I had installation issues, peeling up of the part that bends down on the rear sill, air bubbles that would appear as the soapy water dried, etc. In the end I gave up and kind of wasted my money on this. No wraps for me. If I try again one day I'll have a pro put them on correctly.

So that is my list after 10 days of ownership. The initial obsession is over because I am not yet ready to drill a hole in the hatchback to install a lighted T. - which I will do one day!

I can only update 10 photos. 9 are here. The remaining 6 will be in next post.

Attachments

• DSC03026.jpg
    DSC03026.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC03031.jpg
    DSC03031.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC03034.jpg
    DSC03034.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC03039.jpg
    DSC03039.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC03044.jpg
    DSC03044.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC03054.jpg
    DSC03054.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC03052.jpg
    DSC03052.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 405
  • DSC03055.jpg
    DSC03055.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC03064.jpg
    DSC03064.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Here are the rest of the pics for the prior post for those that are looking at accessories. Also I forgot to add option....

15. Performance pedals from Tesla online store. These are fantastic and really make a difference for the interior look. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• DSC03071.jpg
    DSC03071.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 418
  • DSC03081.jpg
    DSC03081.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC03092.jpg
    DSC03092.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC03095.jpg
    DSC03095.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC03099.jpg
    DSC03099.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC03067.jpg
    DSC03067.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
What do you use the tablet for?? Some netflix while auto piloting?

I do not have the Netflix app installed actually. I use the tablet only while parked or at an occasional long stop light or stand-still traffic and one day at supercharger, etc. I do not use it on autopilot or at any time while moving (it is actually set to go very dim after 30 seconds of inactivity, i.e., while driving, to blend into background, but yet remain on at all times). But when stationary, so far I use it for Spotify, live weather radar, real-time weather alerts, the plugshare app, Blackvue direct wifi to dash cam app to review videos, e-mail, other live info / messaging apps such as reddit, twitter, groupme, etc., 'real' web browser, smartthings app to control home automation, espn, BBC, and other breaking news situations, and more.

On my spare time, I am working on the project to have most of the tablet stuff respond to 'ok google' commands for hands free operation. I wish it had Bixby (Samsung's version of 'siri' but with way deeper phone integration ) for a deeper integration with tablet commands. It will one day on a software release - but not yet.

One really cool thing is that the phone is connected as the active Bluetooth device to maintain complete car integration. So Spotify actually streams to the car via the phone Bluetooth. Yet, the Spotify app on the tablet "sees" the Spotify on the Phone, and this allows me to use the Spotify app on the tablet to start/stop/select songs, browse playlists, whatever - - just like the normal Spotify experience - but when its time to play the song, the tablet Spotify app remote controls the phone Spotify app all by itself to play it So I have full Spotify control on the tablet. I have zero idea how or why this works (the devices are not sharing a same wifi connection). But it magically works flawlessly.

Reactions: K-MTG