Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My touchscreen developed a huge delamination while in service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to post a pic for you to all see. I had to have my MCU replaced and during this One month service it developed this rather horrible defect. Please comment.

Attachments

• F51611D5-D300-4F41-8C36-DC3D61991208.jpeg
    F51611D5-D300-4F41-8C36-DC3D61991208.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 614
I wanted to post a pic for you to all see. I had to have my MCU replaced and during this One month service it developed this rather horrible defect. Please comment.

It's often called "bubble" and when it's bad enough, the glue would leak out too. It's quite common with original display screen. I don't think there's a fix to force the glue back in and vacuum the bubbles out. That screen needs to be replaced.

Reactions: MP3Mike
What would be more interesting is your service center's comment
They said that both the tiny bite at the top - looks like two teeth marks and the huge delamination are normal aging. I think this huge delamination is rather unusual... but the two tiny bite marks cant be from delamination. it doest look the same.
What would be more interesting is your service center's comment
They said both the tiny bites at the top which look like a small crack to me and the larger wavy line is normal aging. I looked up on the internet and the delamination I have is REALLY huge, much bigger than a tiny bubble. But they are calling both a normal bubble. I disagreed with my service person. So so far nothing from the company.

Yes if you car is in... warranty which mine is not - you can use this to get Tesla to replace your screen. There is also actually a class action suit against CADILLAC for delamination in their touch screens in some of their cars. It was just filed so it is not adjudicated.