Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My two biggest problems with the cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you load long objects like plywood or drywall without sliding them in from the rear amd damaging them? Normally you have a second helper and load it from the side. There's no way to side load anything with the current design.

Also, how do you see out the front? The low slope of the windshield means the A-pillar will be huge/long. I have to imagine that will give very poor visibility out of the front.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberShy and DanCar
...How do you load long objects like plywood or drywall without sliding them in from the rear amd damaging them?...

I guess one on the bed and one on the ground.

...the A-pillar will be huge/long...

I don't think long is the problem because the X's is also long.

The bigger the pillar, the more visual obstruction but I can't tell until I can see it in person.

Last edited:
I always load plywood and drywall from the rear. If two people one on each side and slide it in often I don't have a second person in which case I lift it up onto the tailgate at then push it in. I don't reach over the bed to load plywood 2x4s maybe but not sheet goods.

Then again the bed is only 6ft so not much use in hauling sheet goods.

I also wonder how low it will go with the air suspension. I saw a truck at Lowes the other day that was sitting on the ground tailgate was maybe 3 inches about the ground when open. Would be easy to use a dolly to move appliances into the bed.

Reactions: brkaus
Since CyberTruck has a built-in extendable ramp, I would think even with higher height, that should not be a problem should it?

That ramp looked a bit steep to try and pull a dolly up. Load an ATV that is powered easy but trying to load a 500 pound appliance I would prefer lower to the ground or a longer ramp. A huge improvement over the tailgates with the built in steps. Since it has air suspension might as well let it lower down. I don't expect and wouldn't want it to drop to the ground like the truck I saw the other day. I want the truck to be drivable with an airbag blown not comfortable but at least able to get to a safe place.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
I think it will sell well but probably to the wrong people! It's not going to make the F150 owners change. The other issue is the safety aspect. Is it going to meet any safety standards as it has reverted back to 1930's standards of building it like a tank. Wouldn't fancy being hit by that.

You actually think a large company that spent hundreds of millions of dollars designing a new vehicle went "oops, maybe we should have checked if it will meet safety standards"?

I think it will sell well but probably to the wrong people! It's not going to make the F150 owners change. The other issue is the safety aspect. Is it going to meet any safety standards as it has reverted back to 1930's standards of building it like a tank. Wouldn't fancy being hit by that.
I wouldn’t want to be hit by it. But I’d be okay hitting a Camry in it....perspective is everything.

• Funny
Reactions: Jaff
Since CyberTruck has a built-in extendable ramp, I would think even with higher height, that should not be a problem should it?
Highly likely that built-in extendable ramp is a prototype fantasy that will not make it to production. Given the strength requirements to support an ATV the tailgate would have be be 9-12 inches thick and weigh 150+ lbs. Notice it was nowhere to be found on the demo cars.