Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Two Weeks Old Tesla Model 3 Depreciated by 10% Overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strong representations were made to me about the resale value of the car within 12 months. I have quoted some of the emails with sales rep where she is making representations about depreciation of Tesla within 12 months as low as 5.5%. Given that my car has depreciated at least 10% overnight in two week, I think I have been mislead to say the least.

apologies if this is already addressed - didn't read the whole thread. but you might be surprised to hear that the price drop won't depreciate your car to the degree you think it will. This is particularly true the longer you own your car; the market doesn't keep tabs on which dates the price dropped by how much. I frequently see used Model 3s listed at higher prices than what you can get new off Tesla's site. Model 3 is a strange market right now. there are people who don't want to wait for the custom build and will pay extra to have a car now.

I don't think Tesla reps mislead you on the Model 3 depreciation stats. Those are out there for everyone to see. Price drops don't help, but at least overall this particular car buffers those hits better than any other car.

And speaking of other cars - they get sold through dealerships, where pricing is WAY more fluid. You might think you got a great deal with your great negotiation skills, when 2 dealerships down the road, they offered some insane incentive on the same car that you didn't hear about, and so some random person was able to pay thousands less than you for no particular reason at all.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC