Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Used Inventory MYP experience (BC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I thought I'd provide details about my order that I completed today in Vancouver.
I had been keeping my eye on used inventory for a while now and twice spotted 2021 Model Y Standard Ranges for ~$60k and ~$63k. It was either going to be that or a new M3. All other prices were not great deals IMO.

Last Friday evening, I decided to refresh the inventory page just for fun. It was around 6pm. This car popped up out unexpectedly:
1679631617141.png

A 2022 White-on-white MYP FSD with low mileage at $63k! At first, I thought my eyes were deceiving me, or that it was a price error. An equivalently spec'd new (2023) MYP would cost 99k, if you value FSD at 15k. Nonetheless I immediately purchased it. I wasn't expecting to buy a MYP of all cars, so during the weekend I watched and read all that I could about it, including horror stories about Tesla not honoring price errors.
Here's an interesting data point from tesla-info. After I bought the car, it disappeared from inventory, but tesla-info also removed the new data point that should have existed on the pricing chart. The data point 62300 was on there until after I bought the car:
1679631818511.png

In any case, after three days of calling Tesla CS, they finally told me they'd reach out directly to the local site to speak to me. That same day on Wednesday, I got a call from Vancouver and set up an appointment for the next day. Well, that day was today and all my worries were gone!
1679631979975.png

- The car was immaculate and I could not find any panel gaps
- The only dirty interior part of the car were the corners of the rear seats that rubbed against the seat belts
- The black trim showed signs of rainbow streaking, from touchless car washes. Easily fixable.
- No mobile connector kit, as expected
- No J1772 adapter either, and the CS told me that used cars are sold as-is, so if it's not there, it won't be included.

Documentation took all day however, because it routes through a US office, so I didn't get to leave until evening. But I got it in the end!

My first drive in the MYP also alleviated all my worries about NVH and suspension. Coming from an older Mazda, I found the MYP perfectly quiet and smooth to drive.
I can't wait to drive it more often!

Wow, an amazing deal! Yes, the used inventory is like seafood with MP. I got mine for the same price as yours but it's only a 2021 LR dual motor with 18k KM. Can't complain though since then all used MY are gone.... Used Tesla prices here in Ontario is still stupidly expensive.

When it says “full self driving capability” in the listing does that mean FSD is included? It says it’s capable of FSD but does not say if it includes it in the listing. Did you get full FSD with your used model y performance? Sorry if it’s a dumb question just wondering before I bite the bullet in buying used.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
just wanted to add if anyone is looking for a used model 3, Tesla now has lots on their website and they all have FSD included as well as 1 year extended warranty after the basic warranty expires. Their prices are also less than the market prices by a significant margin. I just put down deposit for a grey 2019 SR plus with sport wheels and FSD priced at $32k.

Reactions: Soul Surfer