Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Used X Buying Journey...from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have purchased 14 Tesla's since 2013, getting ready to buy my 15 soon. The only advice I can give to everyone is to inspect the car before you pay in full. Tesla will push back if you ask to see it before paying and say no but then simply tell them you will not pay until you look at it first. If they dont allow you to see it then walk.

The main issues I have had with buying used X's is windshield ghosting and that stupid bottom trim pieces that are always bent or falling off. Tesla has always fixed both but it's been a battle.

I love Tesla and the Model X but depending on the service center and who you know it can be a pain in the ass to deal with them.

Once again, don't pay until you inspect the car once it arrives.

Reactions: Watts_Up
It should. The purchase experience is filled with faith in Tesla and I don’t think they do any kind of inspection of the cars (like described). Just hope you get a good car and take solace in the warranty.

Cars go through a 3rd part refurbishment company, they make them as pretty as they can. Then once your car arrives at the service center they do what they can to a limit.

Sometimes it is better to walk away then make a $50K+ purchase mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up
I have purchased 14 Tesla's since 2013, getting ready to buy my 15 soon. The only advice I can give to everyone is to inspect the car before you pay in full. Tesla will push back if you ask to see it before paying and say no but then simply tell them you will not pay until you look at it first. If they dont allow you to see it then walk.

The main issues I have had with buying used X's is windshield ghosting and that stupid bottom trim pieces that are always bent or falling off. Tesla has always fixed both but it's been a battle.

I love Tesla and the Model X but depending on the service center and who you know it can be a pain in the ass to deal with them.

You bought fourteen Tesla's since 2013? Big family? :)

Which bottom trim pieces?

Which bottom trim pieces?

It's right by the rear wheels, it comes lose alot.

01451C0B-6CA4-417F-A3BD-D78AFED9316D.jpeg
p