Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My v11 peeves. Have they also removed % expected, and roundtrip % from navigation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. It's still there. The issue is that it's not sticky anymore. If you scroll the direction list, it's still at the bottom. I wish they would just bring that charge remaining icon down to the area that show the time left and distance instead of hiding it and leaving it in the directions list.
Thanks. I found it there, after the last direction. But the "roundtrip %" is half faded at the bottom of the list - barely readable. Ridiculous! I have 30 directions. I don't care to see them now - but I DO care about the % and roundtrip % - that's important BEFORE setting off - which is why it's bloody stupid to be put in here like it's some after-thought!

Is not like they removed the battery icon to save some space for something else - is literally just empty space.

Same as removing the time left for songs, ffs why. It wasn't hurting anyone, it just empty space now.

Attachments

• 20220107_071808.jpg
    20220107_071808.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 103
Is not like they removed the battery icon to save some space for something else - is literally just empty space.

Same as removing the time left for songs, ffs why. It wasn't hurting anyone, it just empty space now.
Pretty much all the stuff they removed are just blank spaces now or things that you don't care about. Driver profile, dashcam icon, Internet Signal, etc... all removed and now you can see more of the top edge of the map LOL.

A while back, an update removed the numbers from the energy display. My service call resulted in “That is not a bug and we have no idea if engineers will put them back”. Several updates later they came back.
I would venture to guess that they were trying to hit a deadline and didn’t have a chance to fix or even test a lot of issues that the UI update caused. It seems super half-baked and focused more on the aesthetics rather than functionality (it is important that the button is there even if it does not work properly). So, some things may come back or get fixed in subsequent releases.

Reactions: Sporty
I have noticed this the last few days during cold winter weather. Seat heater on auto, they start off with 3 bacons, then switch to 2, then 1 to maintain comfort. Has worked exceptionally well for me and wish they would add this feature to the heated steering wheel.

Don't know if this is a new feature on the S as mine was delivered with V11 but when I stop the car and remove my seatbelt it automatically goes into park with no nags. The Y does go into park but only when opening the door accompanied a nag on the screen.

Reactions: RNHurt
Pretty much all the stuff they removed are just blank spaces now or things that you don't care about. Driver profile, dashcam icon, Internet Signal, etc... all removed and now you can see more of the top edge of the map LOL.
add to that the mini trip tab and tyre pressure that went. They've moved the car AI display further down for no real reason leaving a big white space above it.

add to that the mini trip tab and tyre pressure that went. They've moved the car AI display further down for no real reason leaving a big white space above it.
Exactly! I miss the trip card a LOT. I always look at that to see energy used on the drive and how many miles I drove. Now I have to do 2 extra touch and block the entire map. If anything, I was hoping that they could get rid of accidentally turning the car when you want to bring out the cards. What is the point of turning your car on the display? That's actually a serious question. Does anyone actually use that for something?

What is the point of turning your car on the display? That's actually a serious question. Does anyone actually use that for something?

What is the point of that entire visualization display at all? Sure it looks cool. But in 4 years of ownership I can't think of anything actually USEFUL it did. I certainly can't count on it to tell me where other cars are in relation to my car because of all the appearing/disappearing/teleportation it shows!

The more I use v11, the more I realize that the notification area is really, really wrong. There have been multiple times that I can't see an SMS message or answer a phone call because another notification is covering it up.

Yesterday, I received an SMS message but it just so happens that I changed the cabin temperature at the same time, which caused the mini temp "pop-up" dialog box to cover the notification. I was driving and it really confused me and forced me to think about how to resolve the issue. I ultimately decided to ignore it and concentrate on the road, but it really drove home how broken this entire update is.

Sure, there are things that I like (ie. "Auto" seat heaters) but they have been implemented in a horrible fashion. For example, it would have been much better to ADD the option for auto seat heaters but keep the old seat heater buttons. That way we have a choice and it's not such a big change. I think people would have been much happier and probably applauded the effort.

What is the point of that entire visualization display at all? Sure it looks cool. But in 4 years of ownership I can't think of anything actually USEFUL it did. I certainly can't count on it to tell me where other cars are in relation to my car because of all the appearing/disappearing/teleportation it shows!

When I first got my car, we thought the dancing / disappearing cars around us were sync to the beat of the music I was playing.

Boy I was naive.

The more I use v11, the more I realize that the notification area is really, really wrong. There have been multiple times that I can't see an SMS message or answer a phone call because another notification is covering it up.

Yesterday, I received an SMS message but it just so happens that I changed the cabin temperature at the same time, which caused the mini temp "pop-up" dialog box to cover the notification. I was driving and it really confused me and forced me to think about how to resolve the issue. I ultimately decided to ignore it and concentrate on the road, but it really drove home how broken this entire update is.

Sure, there are things that I like (ie. "Auto" seat heaters) but they have been implemented in a horrible fashion. For example, it would have been much better to ADD the option for auto seat heaters but keep the old seat heater buttons. That way we have a choice and it's not such a big change. I think people would have been much happier and probably applauded the effort.
I had a similar issue with trying to answer a call. I had just pulled into my driveway so the HomeLink notification / message popped up taking the entire portion of the screen where I would typically be able to answer a call. Of course, just then the phone rang but I could not answer it on the screen because of the Home Link pop up!

I've actually been pretty happy with the "Auto" seat heater setting. It's not perfect but it's not uncomfortable either. Overall, I think it's a good addition, you just have to un-learn some habits.
It depends how you use the system. Up here in the frozen north, AUTO doesn't work well for the climate system so mine is in Manual most of the time. I have no problem controlling the seat heaters manually either. However if I'm already comfortable and seat heater is off, and then I do select AUTO climate, seat heater kicks in at 3 bacon and I have to manually deselect. I'm sure it would scale back the temperature eventually, but it was already uncomfortably hot before I turned it off. So no, Tesla didn't get it right for everyone. I have no problem with keeping the auto seat heater function because it does work for some, but controls need to be visible all the time. I agree with other suggestions for a control that would cycle between AUTO, 3, 2, 1, OFF.

Perhaps those with FSD are seeing that space used? It would be unfortunate if the non-FSD majority were being penalized in order to implement Elon's pie-in-the-sky dream of a self-driving car. I look at the number of times mine can't determine the speed limit or see the edges of the road, and wonder how FSD will ever cope with my driving environment when the cues are missing.

Reactions: K5TRX
It depends how you use the system. Up here in the frozen north, AUTO doesn't work well for the climate system so mine is in Manual most of the time. I have no problem controlling the seat heaters manually either. However if I'm already comfortable and seat heater is off, and then I do select AUTO climate, seat heater kicks in at 3 bacon and I have to manually deselect. I'm sure it would scale back the temperature eventually, but it was already uncomfortably hot before I turned it off. So no, Tesla didn't get it right for everyone. I have no problem with keeping the auto seat heater function because it does work for some, but controls need to be visible all the time. I agree with other suggestions for a control that would cycle between AUTO, 3, 2, 1, OFF.

Auto is not the problem. The problem is that there is no tolerance slider. There should be an auto setting and then a slider which goes from -10 to +10 to adjust the tolerance of the system.

Reactions: RNHurt and Boza
That part is actually true. I have hatch back cars for the last 12 years with rear wiper. Never once used them. Even my front wipers rare get used. When we bought our Model X back in 2017, the first time we used the front wipers was in January 2018. The first time my wife turned it on, we found out the wiper was installed "backward" by Tesla. One of them was whacking the driver side A-piller. We had to take it in to repaint the A-piller and reinstall the wiper. Obviously they didn't even test them at the factory.
not used in california. Used everywhere else

not used in california. Used everywhere else
Well, we have a ton of rain in the Bay Area where the Tesla factory is. Please keep CA out of this. If they want to properly test the car they do not even need to leave the state. We have everything - from San Diego constant mild weather, to one of the hottest places on Earth (Dead Valley), famous San Francisco fog (and rain), tons of snow and twisty roads in the Sierra Nevada. So, no, California is not just beaches and sunny skies and definitely not an excuse for bad engineering. Other car manufacturers (e.g. Audi, Porsche, BMW, Toyota) actually come here to tests and sometimes even design (first Audi TT) here.