Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My vent about service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, I noticed a headlamp was out on my 2016 S. It was odd that the dash showed only one headlight shining, but no message was displayed. When I got to work, I got out and checked, and sure enough, driver side was out. I tried to use the Tesla app, and they gave me an appointment of June 12th. Seriously, 2 months for a bulb? I called, and they gave me an appointment next week, about 9 days away and told me I might have to leave it for a day or two. IT IS A BULB! This is after my 50k service took 5 days and they left the lug nuts loose on the front wheels, nearly leaving me stranded away from home when I discovered it. Roadside was also no help.

I have stopped recommending the brand to family and friends. These are high end cars and Mercedes, BMW, or any of the other luxury brands would never do this. I wonder, what if I have a real problem with a motor or battery? Will I be without a car for weeks or months? I was rear ended, and it took 5 weeks to get the parts. Luckily the car was drivable.

I feel like I have no support behind the brand. The car is beautiful, and I love to drive it, but I have a demanding job and I cannot deal with 9 day hassles over a freaking bulb. I am due for a new one in a year or two, and up until a month ago, Tesla was the only option. Now I am rethinking that.