Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY vibration - low and high speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a 2021 MY in early Sept 2021. Have driven about 1500 miles and it had been great! Then early this week started noticing high frequency vibration in both the accelerator pedal and the steering wheel. This is evident at lower speeds (30mph-50mph) as well as higher speeds (55mph+). It also seems like driving noise is loader. The vibration does vary depending on the road - smooth road it still drives pretty smooth, while any amount of grit in the asphalt and it vibrates noticeably. I know the MY drives stiff/hard but this seems like a pretty abrupt change in driving performance (noticeably different than the first 1500 miles) so I am hoping it isnt just that.

From reading through the forum most posts only talk about vibration in the steering wheel and at 55 mph+. Any thoughts on also having vibration at lower speeds and in the accelerator pedal? I have checked lug nuts (seem tight and fine) and was next going to take it in for tire balancing, alignment, and to check tire foam. Any other next steps? Closest SC is 100 miles away so was just going to take it to an independent tire shop.

Bought a 2021 MY in early Sept 2021. Have driven about 1500 miles and it had been great! Then early this week started noticing high frequency vibration in both the accelerator pedal and the steering wheel. This is evident at lower speeds (30mph-50mph) as well as higher speeds (55mph+). It also seems like driving noise is loader. The vibration does vary depending on the road - smooth road it still drives pretty smooth, while any amount of grit in the asphalt and it vibrates noticeably. I know the MY drives stiff/hard but this seems like a pretty abrupt change in driving performance (noticeably different than the first 1500 miles) so I am hoping it isnt just that.

From reading through the forum most posts only talk about vibration in the steering wheel and at 55 mph+. Any thoughts on also having vibration at lower speeds and in the accelerator pedal? I have checked lug nuts (seem tight and fine) and was next going to take it in for tire balancing, alignment, and to check tire foam. Any other next steps? Closest SC is 100 miles away so was just going to take it to an independent tire shop.
No- my vibration on a 2020 Y occurs somewhere in the undercarriage when driving 70+ in windy conditions ( 30 MPH wind+) It sounds like flapping or some part loose. Not sure how to replicate that when at the service center.

I have noticed minor vibration in the steering wheel when I exceed the designated speed limit I have programmed. I'm guessing it is a warning that I just increased my speed and it's telling me to slow down. No other issues with my new MY that was purchased in Sep 2021.