Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Vin assigned. Out of country for 3 weeks. What are my options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is Tesla currently handling holds for those out of town for 3 weeks. Vin assigned just now and ready to schedule delivery but I’ll be back end of May.

First Vin assigned. Bay Area. MY, 5 seat, white ext/black int. OD: June 2021. Ordered almost one year ago!

When I took delivery of my MYP during March, I was told I can have a total of 2 vins before my reservation is cancelled. Not sure if anything has chanced since.

Appreciate the advice.

How is Tesla currently handling holds for those out of town for 3 weeks. Vin assigned just now and ready to schedule delivery but I’ll be back end of May.

First Vin assigned. Bay Area. MY, 5 seat, white ext/black int. OD: June 2021. Ordered almost one year ago!

When I took delivery of my MYP during March, I was told I can have a total of 2 vins before my reservation is cancelled. Not sure if anything has chanced since.

Appreciate the advice.
I’m curious on this too.

I have an est delivery date of “June” (no date yet and no vin assigned yet) but have to leave country fo a short time too and will probably have to delay the delivery to July at least. I’ve seen many different situations and wondering if there is an actual policy that Tesla follows? I’ve waited for my car for so long and don’t want to lose my spot in line!

Appreciate the advice.
Pick up the phone and call your SA. Number is on your order page.

Reactions: Suns
Nothing you can do bud.

I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow, the car arrives later on the 15th and I am flying for abroad on the 14th. Only option to give up the assigned VIN put you on hold and remove the hold when you are back.

No POA options, no nothing. Very bad system. Tesla have us by the balls. Plain and simple.

Agreed, I was down to the absolute last day before the rep warned my order would be cancelled. They released my first vin while I was on the trip. 2nd vin was assigned during the last week of my month long trip (again, something i had no control over). Picked up the car right after I landed and jet lagged. Other than the delivery stress, glad I have the car finally. Good luck everyone

In this same boat. Out of the country on business trip and emailed my SA that I would not be back in the country for 7-8 weeks (from the date the VIN assigned). SA was helpful and put my order on hold. But couple of days later, I received an email from tesla that I have 2 weeks to go back into my app and remove my hold or my order will be cancelled.

Now I am thinking I have them deliver the vehicle via Tesla Direct and have them drop off the car in my driveway. Keys and docs will be left in the car (locked) and I can accept the vehicle using the app, which will unlock the car. Then I will have to coordinate with family member on everything else after. Downside is that I will be accepting the vehicle without inspection so whatever issues (if any), I will have to deal with it post delivery and acceptance.