Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My VIN concerns were a waste of time :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone- I hope this post can ease some worried minds. I picked up my MY today and as far as I can tell, it’s about as great as can be. No issues whatsoever. I did not go through the car with a fine toothed comb (or ruler), but I did have a quick checklist and all the majors checked out. Visually no fit/finish issues except maybe the charge door isn’t perfectly flush, but works just fine. If someone was scrutinizing it, possibly one corner of it is questionable?I keep reading about taillights not flush, but I didn’t see anything that made me believe they looked abnormal. Back seats perfect, no rattles, no marks... latches, windows, back hatch, frunk aligned, glove box works, charging works... it all worked. I’m posting tonight because I wanted to say that all my worries about build dates and certain VIN #s having problems seems like a lot of wasted time. My VIN is in the mid-15’s and I was asked to pick it up 6/30 (we declined because I couldn’t pick up that day). It sat at Burbank until today, and it was just fine. The express pickup would have been contact-less and seamless if it weren’t for my iPhone not working, so I needed a little assistance w the WiFi and logging in etc.. I’m so pleased, and I hope anyone still worrying about VINs and build dates are able to let those worries go. Good luck everyone, and I hope you’ll be as happy with your Tesla as we are with our MY ♥️

PS: I scraped the sh*t out of both my right side rims turning onto the freeway!! GAH!! I got home and laughed about it. I love the car so much, at least I got the sting of the dreaded ‘first ding’ out of the way on the first day!

I scraped the sh*t out of both my right side rims turning onto the freeway!! GAH!! I got home and laughed about it. I love the car so much, at least I got the sting of the dreaded ‘first ding’ out of the way on the first day!

This is my position. I don’t want the car to come from the factory with damage. I want the damage to be caused by me so I can own up to it and accept responsibility for it.

Obviously, I don’t intend to damage it. Who wants to do that?

Hi everyone- I hope this post can ease some worried minds. I picked up my MY today and as far as I can tell, it’s about as great as can be. No issues whatsoever. I did not go through the car with a fine toothed comb (or ruler), but I did have a quick checklist and all the majors checked out. Visually no fit/finish issues except maybe the charge door isn’t perfectly flush, but works just fine. If someone was scrutinizing it, possibly one corner of it is questionable?I keep reading about taillights not flush, but I didn’t see anything that made me believe they looked abnormal. Back seats perfect, no rattles, no marks... latches, windows, back hatch, frunk aligned, glove box works, charging works... it all worked. I’m posting tonight because I wanted to say that all my worries about build dates and certain VIN #s having problems seems like a lot of wasted time. My VIN is in the mid-15’s and I was asked to pick it up 6/30 (we declined because I couldn’t pick up that day). It sat at Burbank until today, and it was just fine. The express pickup would have been contact-less and seamless if it weren’t for my iPhone not working, so I needed a little assistance w the WiFi and logging in etc.. I’m so pleased, and I hope anyone still worrying about VINs and build dates are able to let those worries go. Good luck everyone, and I hope you’ll be as happy with your Tesla as we are with our MY ♥️

PS: I scraped the sh*t out of both my right side rims turning onto the freeway!! GAH!! I got home and laughed about it. I love the car so much, at least I got the sting of the dreaded ‘first ding’ out of the way on the first day!
Glad to hear you're enjoying it, stress free..

Now of course the VIN chasers might probably throw a wrench and say that VIN must be someones reject...

SMH

• Disagree
Reactions: raggedy
I'm waiting for delivery and pick up on July 22, and my VIN is in the 25,000 range. Based on your post, I won't worry so much. I can see where the later VINs get the fit and finish fixes that the earlier ones maybe don't.

That's sickening about the wheels. I did that on a '18 BMW X2 weeks after I took it home. It bothered me for weeks. I simply wasn't used to the turning radius, and cut a few corners too close. I've since adjusted, and will be super careful in the Tesla!