Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Vs M3 pictorial rendition

shrini23

Feb 13, 2019
Houston
I know someone posted a pictorial difference between M3 & MY.
Not able to find the thread.
Does anyone have a good picture difference between M3 & MY.

Jeff3820

Aug 1, 2019
Wisconsin
Does this help? With 2 similar pictures I aligned on wheel size and wheelbase so comparison should be valid. Played a bit with transparency too.

Attachments

• Y vs 3.png
    Y vs 3.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: shrini23

IronminiEV

Oct 9, 2019
Newport Beach, CA
Since I've never been inside a model 3, I went into a Tesla store to take a look and putting into perspective the possible model Y dimensions. The employee told me that it will be the exact interior dimensions, no difference, just taller roof, so might as well order model 3 now. I laughed and said thank you and carried on with my experience. Can't wait to see the real differences between the 2 models.

Ghanziang

Oct 27, 2017
Evergreen, CO
I got a similar statement when I test drove the model 3. And why wait 2 more years (this was last month) for a car that may be larger, but is supposed to be the same size on the inside. She also said there are only 3 in the country, so they will probably not even start delivering to Colorado until some time in 2022. Which is when our EV tax credit expires. She was really pushing ordering a model 3 now, now now!

shrini23

Feb 13, 2019
Houston
I got a similar statement when I test drove the model 3. And why wait 2 more years (this was last month) for a car that may be larger, but is supposed to be the same size on the inside. She also said there are only 3 in the country, so they will probably not even start delivering to Colorado until some time in 2022. Which is when our EV tax credit expires. She was really pushing ordering a model 3 now, now now!

I would say get a Model 3 during this final year end quarter push.
You'll get 1875 fed rebate and 5000 CO state rebate. No brainer, it's a win win

Ghanziang

Oct 27, 2017
Evergreen, CO
You'll get 1875 fed rebate and 5000 CO state rebate. No brainer, it's a win win
That is exactly what she said! Only problem. I can't stand up when I try to get out of it. So I will have spent all that money (despite the incentives) to own a car I can never leave without assistance. Sitting in a parking lot until I roll out of the seat or someone helps me out of is not very appealing.

Arctic_White

Oct 28, 2019
Edmonton, AB
Model Y is a no-brainer purchase. It's slightly more expensive than Model 3 but you got a better seating position and more interior room.

Cargo room alone makes Model Y a better proposition.

shrini23

Feb 13, 2019
Houston
would love to buy a Model Y but due to availability and waiting period I ended up taking Model 3 at end of 3rd qt.
Hopefully will add a Y to my family when I see one in person with all my five senses :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC