Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY White Paint thick enough for Harbor Freight buffer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that the hybrid ceramic wash and wax doesn't foam well in a foam cannon. If I was going to buy a soap again, I would get the Meguiars gold soap. Basically, just soap, with no additives. I think the consensus among detailers is that you don't want a soap that leaves "behind" anything, and since I'm using soap as a claybar lubricant, then I wouldn't want the soap to leave anything behind after the claybar rinse.

Of course, now...I'm not planning on doing a lot of compounding/polishing, so a soap with an additive (the one I have now leaves a "polymer" residue behind) doesn't really concern me, but whatever.

I did get the turtle wax ceramic wet wax that should replenish the ceramic sealant. I still worry about it making my drying towels hydrophobic but I haven't seen someone else mention it in a forum so its probably fine.

As for hydrogen peroxide, that would remove wax/sealant/ceramic so I wouldn't want to use that.

6. Dry car. First I used meguiars water magnet towels, but then got Rag company "the big one" (basically larger dry me a river towel), and a double twistress and a twist 'n shout. I like the waffle weave for glass and really like the twist 'n shout. Though...still need to try them more before making an opinion.
Just use a leaf-blower to dry the car. I find it to be much faster, and less worry about water spots or swirl marks.

Just use a leaf-blower to dry the car. I find it to be much faster, and less worry about water spots or swirl marks.
I have a gas leaf blower that I did try and blow off the water with, but it did not work well for me. However, that was before I had put sealant/wax on the car. I'll try the leaf blower again on my next car wash and hopefully with the added slickness and beading from the wax will actually make the leaf blower option viable.

I have a gas leaf blower that I did try and blow off the water with, but it did not work well for me. However, that was before I had put sealant/wax on the car. I'll try the leaf blower again on my next car wash and hopefully with the added slickness and beading from the wax will actually make the leaf blower option viable.
It works much better once you have the coating on the car since the water just flows off and all you have left are very small water beads.

As far as the Meguiar's Ceramic Wash and Wax, I don't use it in a foam cannon. I use Chemical Guys Mr Pink currently but will be switching to Meguiar's Gold Class for the foam cannon. What I do is foam up the car, hose it off, then do a hand wash. If you prefer just the foam cannon, then this won't be a good product to use, but you can still do the maintenance with something like Meguiar's bead maker I mentioned previously. There are a lot of good products out there, so you'll eventually find what works good for you.