Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Wife Doesn't Like Driving my Tesla -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most women have better things to do than hang out on the internet and discuss cars with total strangers.
Yes, I agree, and far more important things.
1. Have their nails done.
2. Try on skinny jeans until they find those that look painted on.
3. Have their hair done.
4. Pick out tats.
5. Shopping for shoes.
6. Try on leggings.
7. Watch The View.
8. Shopping for $500 handbags.
9. Watch us look at other women.
10. Tell us what we are doing wrong. (Otherwise we would go through live happier not know what we did wrong.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Doc Brown
3. Have their hair done.
4. Pick out tats.
5. Shopping for shoes.
6. Try on leggings.
7. Watch The View.
10. Tell us what we are doing wrong. (Otherwise we would go through live happier not know what we did wrong.)
$ 500. handbags? be grateful she's never hear of channel, fendi or louis vuitton

• Disagree
Reactions: Doc Brown
Greetings! I am the OP and yes, I did sell my Tesla and returned to an ICE. I still visit this site as I'm still an EV fan, have a reservation for the CT and continue to enjoy the growth of EV models from other brands. To be clear the decision was based on my changing needs/perception, not on any major shortcoming of the M3 RWD. I am a senior citizen, and compared to my wife's new car (BMW330e), the level of road/tire noise on the M3 is significantly higher and has become annoying, especially on the local roads that I ride regularly. I've traded off the efficiency and low running costs of the M3 for the ICE. Despite the very nice Audi A4 Prestige package, I'm still not convinced I made the right choice, especially when I look at fuel costs. For me a quiet ride became priority number 1, and the Audi delivers that in a very comfortable package.

Greetings! I am the OP and yes, I did sell my Tesla and returned to an ICE. I still visit this site as I'm still an EV fan, have a reservation for the CT and continue to enjoy the growth of EV models from other brands. To be clear the decision was based on my changing needs/perception, not on any major shortcoming of the M3 RWD. I am a senior citizen, and compared to my wife's new car (BMW330e), the level of road/tire noise on the M3 is significantly higher and has become annoying, especially on the local roads that I ride regularly. I've traded off the efficiency and low running costs of the M3 for the ICE. Despite the very nice Audi A4 Prestige package, I'm still not convinced I made the right choice, especially when I look at fuel costs. For me a quiet ride became priority number 1, and the Audi delivers that in a very comfortable package.
did you change to make your wife happy?

happy wife, happy life.

3. Have their hair done.
4. Pick out tats.
5. Shopping for shoes.
6. Try on leggings.
7. Watch The View.
My wife see patients most days and delivers babies whenever they feel like it’s time to see the world. But keep it up with your sexist bullshit jackass.

• Disagree
Reactions: mk677
My wife see patients most days and delivers babies whenever they feel like it’s time to see the world. But keep it up with your sexist bullshit jackass.
That's wonderful. I can tell from your reaction that you are rightly proud. You have a rare one. We need the doctors and nurses. Sounds like she's making a worthy contributions. I wish you and she the best.

Last edited:
Happy Wife - Happy Life is very true, and has served us well during our 49 years of marriage. Truth be told I sold it for my comfort. She loves her new 330e, and I enjoyed how much quieter it is than the M3 over the same roads and driving style. We don't often have to drive each other's car, but if she needs to drive my car having AWD (my M3 was RWD) and a familiar driving interface interface (no touch screen, controls in front of driver) will make it easier for her. Having said that, she can drive a performance car very well, and has enjoyed our sports cars fully over the years. It's just that aging changes priorities, so enjoy whatever you're driving to the fullest!

I've never understood that phrase Happy wife, happy life. I understand the words, but it seems to discount the husband's desires or choices. When I was in my teens and all my twenty's nearly all the older men I worked with complained about their wives. That helped made the decision for me. I never have wanted a wife of my own. I've lived the life I wanted without the complications of someone else telling me what I am going to do and when, and no children distraction. Not for everyone, but has been perfect for me. I've heard much criticism that I care only for myself and am selfish. Nailed it ! And I agree 100%.

Reactions: ayavner