Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wife has a Model 3 and I am getting a Model Y. We would like my phone and her phone to be connec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, we have both cars, my Y and my wife's 3. Tesla asked if we want to merge these accounts and I said yes. This request was to be able to access both cars on my phone and my wife's phone. However, swiping left on the open app only gives me an advertisement for solar power. Swiping right doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

OK, we have both cars, my Y and my wife's 3. Tesla asked if we want to merge these accounts and I said yes. This request was to be able to access both cars on my phone and my wife's phone. However, swiping left on the open app only gives me an advertisement for solar power. Swiping right doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?
I would first try signing out and then back in to the Tesla app on the phones.

If that doesn’t work, sign into your Tesla account online.
Hit the manage button for your car.
You should then see an option for car access.
From there you add the name and email address of your wife’s Tesla account.
She would then do the same on her account to allow you to access her car.

You shouldn't need open app (just leave it running in the background). You will be able to drive the last car you selected. This assumes you have setup "phone as key". I only need to "open" the app if I need to switch cars. Same basic phone as key settings still apply, make sure your phone is not disabling the app (via something like power management). The phone and car need to talk via Bluetooth.

Some phones (I have a Pixel 3XL) support NFC with Tesla app and you can use that to switch which car is active by swiping it across the NFC reader on the driver side pillar. When it works it's great, but I don't have it working consistently. I think the Tesla app NFC isn't active if my last selected product is not a car (I also have solar and powerwalls).

• Informative
Reactions: bicar
I did some more testing and it seemed NFC was working reliability for me today even if I had my Powerwall selected in the app. I think my previous problem was the way I was presenting the phone to the NFC reader, I was just holding it in one place. What I did today while testing swipe the phone at the pillar and I could reliably switch between the cars.

• Informative
Reactions: bicar