Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Wiper replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried the Bosch Snow Driver's and Duralast wipers today. Neither made contact at the top of the wiper (like an inch or two not touching the windshield). I've heard good reviews of the PIAA SI-Tech wipers. Anyone have personal feedback? Snowy climate here so would love wiper that actually covered the entire area and did their job....

Well, I bit the bullet and just had a tesla ranger replace ours. The model Y were not available for online purchase, so they had to come to our house (I didn't have time to get to the shop before our trip). I had bought some Bosch from Amazon but they didn't fit and I realized that I was wasting too much time trying to find something aftermarket that had to be modified. Price for the OEM was nuts but I don't have to deal with the hassle of sending something back that doesn't work.

Not really helpful I know, but when I owned the Civic, I bought some fancy-pants wipers (RainX maybe) but ended up returning them and getting the OEM ones from the stealership instead. They actually weren't that expensive and of course fitted properly

Mind you, the RainX ones were the entire assembly that you affix to the rotating arm, whereas the Honda ones were just the rubber and you had to disassemble the old blades and insert the metal strips into the new ones

Reactions: 101dals
D680BC86-FE24-4D1B-8A94-EBC319134280.jpeg
16D0D510-7825-42D0-864D-8550CBB04347.jpeg

this is what happens with the Bosch and Duralast ones. Anyone have insight into the PIAA ones?

Well, I bit the bullet and just had a tesla ranger replace ours. The model Y were not available for online purchase, so they had to come to our house (I didn't have time to get to the shop before our trip). I had bought some Bosch from Amazon but they didn't fit and I realized that I was wasting too much time trying to find something aftermarket that had to be modified. Price for the OEM was nuts but I don't have to deal with the hassle of sending something back that doesn't work.
How much did it cost to have Tesla replace them?

How much did it cost to have Tesla replace them?
Each blade is $28. $10 labor fee for ranger to come to my house. And good ole NYC tax. $71.87. Expensive but I am sick of going to the UPS store to send back blades that don't fit or only fit with modification or don't clear the hood or you have to bend the wiper arm or are not the same size as the OEM ones or don't rest correctly on the windshield....

• Helpful
Reactions: Mike_TV
For posterity, I just put on a set of Bosch Icons, size 26OE and 19OE. You have to break off a small part of the adaptor to clear the washer nozzle. It's obvious when you go to put it on where the break should be. I scored it with a utility knife and it popped off with light pressure. Having said that, the blades were around $26 apiece. So other than the convenience of picking them up at the neighborhood AutoZone, the OEM ones are probably worth it if you can buy/install them yourself.

Reactions: 101dals