Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the Rocklin showroom today and noticed several Y's with the new style console. All of them still had the old style headlights.
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg

Were there any Model Y’s there with new headlights? Odd that build date February 9th Model Y’s wouldn’t have new lights considering a February 4th build date has them.

Given that this appears to be a LR MY, I wonder if the latest builds of LR get the updated console, and the new headlights are only showing up on the MYP. Given that I just got a 124,XXX, I'm pulling for this to be true, as I think I'd rather have the new headlights over the console (assuming I can't get both without waiting longer).

why for some reason old one looks much elegant and classy. Why people like this console?
One practical reason is avoiding stuff getting stuck when you tilt the old console open then having a really hard time getting your credit card or key card out. Our recent delivery had the old console like our 3, so it would have been nice to have something different, but it doesn't really matter that much.