Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why for some reason old one looks much elegant and classy. Why people like this console?
I prefer the newer as there is nothing else in the interior that is gloss or piano black, so I feel like the new one integrates better. And being able to see my phone without having to leave the cover open is also a preference. That said, I ordered prior to the new one being there so wouldn't have had a major issue with that. That also said, I'm going to try and get one with the new console....

I don’t think any Model Y has ever had 10 & 2 stitching. This is one of the first production ones spotted back in March 2020. View attachment 635985

Aaaahhh...that 'stitching'. I thought the 'lack of stitching' comment was the stitching that goes all around the inner part of the wheel. I was wondering how they would have assembled the wheel without this stitching!

Now is anyone bold enough to pop off their airbag and post a picture of the part number of their steering wheel? In EPC, the only heated steering wheel I see is "make in China", and has quite a different part number than the first or updated steering wheel on the M3/MY. Curious if that is the only heated steering wheel available at this point.

When I picked it up, two different people working at the service center seemed excited that it had the new console. It has the heated steering wheel (and no outside stitching at 10+2).

Checked under the hood and there's a small air inlet on the passenger side with no visible filter. I believe that means no HEPA (those have a big filter under the hood, right?). No bioweapon mode in the UI.

Trailer hitch is covered by a snap-in plastic plate that I haven't gotten unsnapped yet. I believe that means no new hitch door, but I don't really know what the difference is supposed to be.

When I picked it up, two different people working at the service center seemed excited that it had the new console. It has the heated steering wheel (and no outside stitching at 10+2).

Checked under the hood and there's a small air inlet on the passenger side with no visible filter. I believe that means no HEPA (those have a big filter under the hood, right?). No bioweapon mode in the UI.

Trailer hitch is covered by a snap-in plastic plate that I haven't gotten unsnapped yet. I believe that means no new hitch door, but I don't really know what the difference is supposed to be.

Congratulations! Did you get the new headlights as well?

I think headlights may be a premium option only? I so far haven't seen LR AWD with new headlights?
MYP has the headlight, MYLR has the console, were still waiting for the door panels (as seen in China models), they will put it all together very soon and each model will be standard with headlights, console, door panels, heated wheel, etc... just a matter of time. IMO this will happen in the coming weeks / months.