Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
400 miles. I listed my model 3 for sale thinking it would take a bit to sell in this area and it sold in 15 hours. So I don’t even have an option to drive lol. Good result but poor timing.

LOL, I've never driven a model 3, but only hear great things about them. Not surprised it sold so quick.

I am not super picky. Cars have never been as scrutinized as much as Telsa's are (panel gaps, paint issues). If people went over every car purchase like people do Tesla's there would be many more complaints against the main line brands.

Unless its something major I'll drive mine home (as long as it has the updates I want).

Hope you have a great experience and get to drive it home!

I hope I don't sound too silly here, but I've read a few threads in the forum about people super excited about the new console. Why is it such a big deal? Why is it so much better than the old one?

The new one does not have the shiny gloss finish and the wireless charger is supposed to be better. Also, the design of the door and how it slides back is preferable for some.

I've seen some posts about people preferring the old one, but the majority (including myself) prefer the new design.

John

Reactions: duggadugga
I hope I don't sound too silly here, but I've read a few threads in the forum about people super excited about the new console. Why is it such a big deal? Why is it so much better than the old one?
Many object to the shiny piano black finish on the original console as it show fingerprints, scratches and smudges. A matte finish will not show the fingerprints and minor scratches. Personally like the original console. If it ever gets to where the scratches bother me I can always install a console overlay/wrap.

When I was test driving a Model Y today at the Tesla Store, I had the guy do an inventory search for a LR with Induction wheels, and within 200 miles of So Cal there was only 1 car.. a black one. BTW, tons of LR with Gemini wheels in inventory.

That tells me that there's a good chance the next batch of LR with Induction wheels that start to get delivered to So Cal in the next 4-6 weeks (before March 31, Q1 end), we might see the newer consoles in those cars.

Reactions: joeyjackson
When I was test driving a Model Y today at the Tesla Store, I had the guy do an inventory search for a LR with Induction wheels, and within 200 miles of So Cal there was only 1 car.. a black one. BTW, tons of LR with Gemini wheels in inventory.

That tells me that there's a good chance the next batch of LR with Induction wheels that start to get delivered to So Cal in the next 4-6 weeks (before March 31, Q1 end), we might see the newer consoles in those cars.

Is it better to order now or wait? I dont want to get a rushed car end of quarter but even now the delivery time for MYP is 4-7 weeks though

What the others have said. There is nothing else in the interior that is piano/gloss black, so to me the new console fits in better. I also found the hinged covers to be a little fiddly, they were a pita to close in both MY's I test drove. That said, I could have lived with the old one (probably would have wrapped it).

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Reactions: TravelFree
I got these, and they don't have any ugly logos on them. They seem identical to the Tesla ones. I like them a lot, and I've been using them since last August, so I've gotten the warm weather and snow experience.

2020-2021 Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Interior Liners

I just ordered the full 6 piece Tesmanian set for my Model Y LR. I don’t know if they are still offering it but when I ordered these a couple of days ago from Amazon, they were offering a 10% off coupon. I paid $197.99 for the full set on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QZGCMYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Andrew

Reactions: Impaler
Thank to all for the updates.
Any one took delivery of MY long range in east coast.. If so, can you please let us know what new options are present.

I am taking delivery of my Model Y Long Range this Saturday, 2/20/21 at the Tesla Service Center in Orlando. I will advise on what I wound up with. My VIN# is 117453. I placed my order on 2/6/21 and got a VIN# assigned within a few minutes. The next day, I received a notification that my Model Y was on its way to the Orlando Service Center for delivery. My available appointment window started about a week later. So, my car was liked manufactured on/about 2/5/21. I am right on the cusp for some of these new revisions such as the center console and headlights. So, time will tell! Regardless, I am thrilled to be taking delivery of my new Model Y in 4 more days!!!

Andrew