Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would help to know the day of the month the vehicle was manufactured (2/21 just denotes February 2021). This information is on the "New Process" barcode sticker on the Model Y windshield but these are removed prior to delivery. I'm not sure if the sales advisor has the ability to find the day the car was made? Can anyone confirm this?View attachment 640570

They can if you ask them. My SA referred to it as the "born date".

I placed an order for a LR AWD a couple of days ago on the 25th and asked about the updates:
Is the Model Y I ordered going to come with any of the recent updates? I know that a number of the Model Y’s being manufactured are coming with an updated center console, HEPA filter, heated steering wheel, and new headlights.
I got a simple response of:
Yes, the Model Y you ordered is going to have those new updates.

If this rep is correct, it seems like the new headlights are making their way into the non-performance models.

Reactions: TravelFree
I placed an order for a LR AWD a couple of days ago on the 25th and asked about the updates:

I got a simple response of:

If this rep is correct, it seems like the new headlights are making their way into the non-performance models.
That would be the first as everything to this point indicates only the performance has updated headlights as of today. There’s little doubt all trim will come with them eventually. Just a matter of time. HEPA on the other hand....haven’t seen that in the US yet

Just got a VIN 123,8xx. SA claims anything after 2/7 has new console, and my car has a 2/8 born date. LR/blue/black/20".

Very close call. Will report back.

- Troop

Circling back on this. I picked up the car on Sunday. Of course it had to rain, so reviewing the car was not the easiest. Nonetheless my wife and I spent 30 mins inside and out doing our best to tick down the checklist. All in all, the car was in very good shape. I was very impressed. We found one very slightly misaligned window trim, and they said it was within spec. I had them log it, but I'm not even sure I'll do anything about it. The panel gaps were maybe slightly bigger than I would have preferred, but I'm really splitting hairs with that one. I didn't even have them log any panel gaps. I couldn't get a great view of the paint given how wet it was, but I'll check it closer today - not that I can do much at this point. It looked good for as much as we could tell yesterday. Interior looked great. Premium connectivity unlocked instantaneously when I clicked "Pay Now" on my phone. I was very impressed with the whole process.

Most importantly for this thread, it has the new center console! 123,8xx with a build date of 2/8/21. My SA ended up being correct, which frankly I was expecting the worst. Heated wheel is great. Autodimming mirrors. Double-pane glass. But those three are basically givens at this point. No new headlights.

I'm thrilled with how everything played out. Can't wait to play around later today. I used autopilot the whole way home and was just periodically exclaiming "Wow" on my whole 30-min ride home on the highway.

- Troop

My vin is literally les than 10 lower than the car in the video. MYP 5 seat/White/no tow scheduled to be delivered in Cleveland in a week. Build date 2-11, they can not yet confirm console or lights
Picked up my MYP, 5 seat, white/white, no tow yesterday Super Impressed! After searching for every trouble spot I have heard about for years, the only finding was that the rear hatch could be adjusted to improve alignment (not sure if will even have them do it).

Did include new console, heated wheel, new headlights.

Reactions: AlbertOnMars
Picked up my MYP, 5 seat, white/white, no tow yesterday Super Impressed! After searching for every trouble spot I have heard about for years, the only finding was that the rear hatch could be adjusted to improve alignment (not sure if will even have them do it).

Did include new console, heated wheel, new headlights.

Wow so both new headlights and console that’s great congrats! W build date of 2/11.

I picked up my Model Y LR this past Saturday. 2/14 build date. Has all the updates except for the head lights. I have not seen a LR with the updated headlights yet. Just the Model Y Performance.

My SA said all trims now come with the new center console. So that 2/7 date sounds about right. If you want the new center console just make sure the build date is at least 2/7 or more recent. VIN are not reliable.

As for headlights only the MYP has them at the moment. I suspect it’s going to be momentarily before they run out of them and all trims will get the new lights. I’m going to get my bank check ready lol

LOL, my MY was built on 2/14 as well.... Must have been Deep Metallic Blue build day....
Actually true. Cars of similar builds are batched together. You can imagine how expensive it would be to have to paint successive cars in a row different colors. Obviously, once you swap out the paint color in the equipment, you want to paint as many of that color in a row as possible.

Reactions: DanDi58
I just ordered a Model Y Performance with tow hitch two days ago (2/28/21). Updated today that expected delivery is March 18th-28th so seems pretty quick considering I'm in Michigan.

It seems it's safe to say I can expect the new center console, new headlights, heated steering wheel, and auto dimming mirrors on the performance. Sounds like still no word on the HEPA filters here in the US? Is this something that is just the filter or is the casing etc being changed that holds the filter?

Also is the MYP using the new giga press process here?

So basically, my 2020 MY LR AWD is worth like $24k now with all these improvements to the new builds?

I hope not.. my 2021 LR joint was built the week before the console update. But I wouldn't worry about that so much. When you want a used car, you don't expect it to be new. I still feel like people would drool over the piano black version if it were the newer one!

I hope not.. my 2021 LR joint was built the week before the console update. But I wouldn't worry about that so much. When you want a used car, you don't expect it to be new. I still feel like people would drool over the piano black version if it were the newer one!

Funny you say that. I was at my local service center, checking out a MX. They told me to sell my MY private party, because Tesla would not give me much on trade for the Y. Makes sense, they know the changes/updates, private party could prolly care less.

Reactions: monteitis