Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my LR white / white / 20’s / tow / 5 seater VIN 124xxx and born 2/8.

✅ new console
❌ updated headlights
? HEPA (think someone’s gonna have to take it apart to see if it’s coming with console)

Very happy to report it was virtually flawless. Pane gaps and build are outstanding.

Only issue is the screen has done some flickering and went black once but mobile service is already scheduled to drop by. Hoping it was a fluke or possible loose wire.

Incredible car!

ceramic, tint scheduled
Mudflaps, rear wheel PPF, performance pedals all ready to install

upload_2021-3-3_6-38-19.png

Also is the MYP using the new giga press process here?
Yes, Model Y has used mega castings for the rear of the vehicle. Initially, this consisted of two half-castings joined together by a bracket. In this video from several weeks ago, in which Sandy Munro is marveling over a January-build MY and the quality improvements made over the course of just a month, Sandy discovers that the joining bracket (i.e. "bridge") is gone, confirming a single-piece rear casting.

Thank you for this!
#1 thanks for listing your specs
#2 thanks for letting us know what you KNOW as FACT. Pls keep us posted on what your waiting to confirm

My order was placed Feb 6th. (LR AWD, white, induction rims, w/tow) Was matched same day.(no refresh) they have not had any refreshed through the store(Toronto, Canada) I rejected and let them know I was waiting for console and Headlights.

Your updates will be very much appreciated!
Picked up my MY 7 LR Red yesterday. Had a little alignment issue with one panel that was fixed while I was there, and then an issue with driver side second row not lifting out of the way for access to 3rd row. Took techs 1.5 hours to take seat apart, find no issue, then reassemble. Magically it started working. I asked what was done and was told wires were tightened. Wha? Anyway, seems to be working now.

Car has new console, old headlights, heated steering wheel (didn’t think I’d care about that, but actually nice). I asked about lights, and the manager said he believes new lights are only on performance version for now. So no surprise, but SA that told me I’d be getting new lights didn’t know what he was talking about.

Love the car, and the red is fantastic. My kids helped name her - Scarlet.
Already put on over 200 miles, and looking for excuses to drive some more!

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Picked up my MY 7 LR Red yesterday. Had a little alignment issue with one panel that was fixed while I was there, and then an issue with driver side second row not lifting out of the way for access to 3rd row. Took techs 1.5 hours to take seat apart, find no issue, then reassemble. Magically it started working. I asked what was done and was told wires were tightened. Wha? Anyway, seems to be working now.

Car has new console, old headlights, heated steering wheel (didn’t think I’d care about that, but actually nice). I asked about lights, and the manager said he believes new lights are only on performance version for now. So no surprise, but SA that told me I’d be getting new lights didn’t know what he was talking about.

Love the car, and the red is fantastic. My kids helped name her - Scarlet.
Already put on over 200 miles, and looking for excuses to drive some more!
I have the exact same problem on a Y that I picked up on Friday. Didn't notice until I got home. Not looking forward to dealing with it now.

And it looks like the US Model 3 got the updated door panels of those found in the MIC Model 3.

I’m sure those will eventually make their way into the Y, but I much prefer the current one as both my Y the 3 I had i opted for white. The new panel is kinda dark on the white interior now.

And it looks like the US Model 3 got the updated door panels of those found in the MIC Model 3.

I’m sure those will eventually make their way into the Y, but I much prefer the current one as both my Y the 3 I had i opted for white. The new panel is kinda dark on the white interior now.
I don't think I will wait for the new door panels, I kind of like the current ones.. But I will wait for the new headlights though.