Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Worst Nightmare :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sad. Sorry to see this. Fortunately no one was injured and this can be fixed. I think Tesla needs to upgrade software to prevent car driving if any doors are open.

Perhaps not disable the ability to drive, but at least warn with a loud warning sound, maybe even that you'd have to acknowledge a text box warning on the screen before driving?

Reactions: grommet
Falcon Wing Doors......VERY bad idea!

Elon would be better to ditch them right now and implement regular doors - no matter how long it takes or what it costs.

I hate to say Lutz was right on this one. But, he can't take much credit. From what I've heard, almost everyone at Tesla begged Musk not to try to do it.

Yes, and we should also get rid of the rear lift gate because someone may hit that too! what a dumb comment.

That's no fun, he's in better humor than I would be! Still has temporary tags too.

Presumably the X at least beeps and puts something on the dash if a door is open?

I did something similar with my Signature S liftgate. Doesn't beep, didn't realize it was open, backed out of the garage.

When I took it to the Tesla certified auto-body shop, he said they see a lot of these. Emailed Tesla many times, asking them to simply make the car beep the way it does when the other doors are open. It's just a software update, and a smart one. Never happened.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the X doesn't beep either... I hope it does, but wouldn't surprise me.

• Love
Reactions: Drivin
Wait, i have not tried this on my X since i only owned the car for one day before it's going in to SC for fixes. My question is 1. Can you start with doors close and open the falcon doors on the freeway? 2. If you can open the door before car moves, does the door closes or car stops when you take off? If not can you do ludicrous launch with the FWD doors open since its at a stop? If there is just a warning beep and car can still drive, it's a potential problem. You might just take off with door open regardless of the dash warning. This is consider pretty dangerous in my opinion.

Btw ludicrous launch with FWD open is crazy cool. Like angry bird. Lol. Do not attempt or try this tho.