Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wrap paid for itself...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my whole MX wrapped 2 months ago and since then, my passenger door got scratched (scratch and run) with a 3" line of red paint and just 2 days ago, a few rocks hit and scratched the hood. There is a ding there but I believe all the scratches can be removed. The 3" red paint just got cleaned up by a 1 minute buff.

Wow!

The red paint is completely removed. These are the rock scratches that a re-wrap will take care of.
Unfortunately, the ding, I don't think it's removable...

09-22-rock.JPG
The red paint isn't there anymore

Wraps are expensive and over rated. Not knocking you because you must have felt it was worth it but this is just my personal opinion. $5k buys a lot of dent and paint repairs..

I have come to the conclusion I am going to let me local guy put 3M pro on critical spots for $600-800 including back of seats and call it a day.. Paint repair can not cost that much.

Now those that get it for the change in looks or chrome delete I understand

The front hood would probably be less $500 to replace. What would a similar repair job be? I have hit my doors and rear hatch on various items in my garage (at least 12-15 times) so far. I think I would have had quite a few scratches by now.

I got my whole MX wrapped 2 months ago and since then, my passenger door got scratched (scratch and run) with a 3" line of red paint and just 2 days ago, a few rocks hit and scratched the hood. There is a ding there but I believe all the scratches can be removed. The 3" red paint just got cleaned up by a 1 minute buff.

Wow!

If yours is a full body vinyl wrap, have you had any problems with the FWD?

Paint Protection Film pays for its self over and over again if you get the good stuff. Cheap wraps can turn yellow and be very difficult to remove if damaged. We actually offer our own lifetime warrenty for the PPF we install so that you can get the clear bra replaced every time damages like this happen. I would HIGHLY recommending getting the car wrapped before you even take it out for a drive!

Wrapping the backs of seats in MX is what most owners do aswell. Great for kids and gives piece of mind.