Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My X 75D configuration, please comment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

TMC friends,

Following this forums for a while, people in the TMC are very helpful.

Ordered the 75D last Friday, above is my configuration. This is our first Tesla, please share your suggestion and comments on this configuration.

We mainly use it as a daily transport ca with occasionally road travel with more than 200 miles single trip. Thanks!

Your life, your money, your choice. Only you can decide what will make you happy. :)

Having said that, two things you aren't buying loom large in my mind, carrying with them much of what I'm looking forward to in my Model X - Autopilot and Premium package.

To me it wouldn't be close to the same or anywhere near as great without them, but you probably have different priorities.

View attachment 186033
TMC friends,

Following this forums for a while, people in the TMC are very helpful.

Ordered the 75D last Friday, above is my configuration. This is our first Tesla, please share your suggestion and comments on this configuration.

We mainly use it as a daily transport ca with occasionally road travel with more than 200 miles single trip. Thanks!
I heard Tan can show more marks than any other color, but if you take care of it then go for it. I went without Premium and am sure of that choice, but many go with it. Highly recommend the Accessory Hitch for $200 even if you never plan to use it, think resale. I assume you already saw the thousands of offers to use an owner referral code for $1000 off your order, if not, turn your phone sideways and see the link in my sig below before or after ordering. Hope this helps.

I think your configuration looks good, I have a 75d we are picking up on Friday. The options we picked that were different than yours are autopilot, towing package, charging upgrade, ultra high fidelity, and we went with figured ash (but we have black interior).
Of these, I would suggest if you have any inkling of using it, the tow package, it is a good deal and can't be added after the fact. You never know when you might tow a utility trailer, boat, or other water craft. As for autopilot, this was a requirement for me but it is something you could upgrade later. Finally, for the ultr high fidelity, we did this primarily because we liked xm, but the internet radio selection is so good on model s, I don't think I would ever subscribe to xm. Not sure about the difference in audio quality but that would be a personal decision too.

Oh one more thing, we did 7 seat because of the folks we will be taking with us but if you can get by with 6 that is the best config space wise. Also, I personally don't care for the premium package because of the automatic front doors and not sure the features are really worth the price.

I think the tan and silver look good together. Not my personal choice, but you should only be pleasing yourself. I think for future resale value, it might be a good idea to include auto pilot and the towing package. If you haven't got one already and need a referral credit for $1000 off, see my sig. You will love it!

Thanks all for the great feedback and input. We also heard concern from friends about the Tan color seats, so we change to All Black with the following configuration:

Model X 75d
Silver Metallic Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Black Headliner
Dark Ash Wood Decor
Black Leather Seats
Six Seat Interior
Smart Air suspension

Does it look weird for Black Headliner + Black Leather Seats? Should we go with Light Headliner + Black Leather Seats?

The suggestion of Accessory Hitch or Towing Package is interesting, considering to add one of them.

The other question I have is about the PUP, for the $4500 price point, the only thing we want from it are: the frog lights (Seattle has long winter) and the Leather decorations. @jason1466, would like mind sharing more experience about it? I know there is a thread discussion it, but would like to get more suggestions from most recent owners. If possible, would you mind posting pictures on the from face with lights on and the headliner?

We did the dark headliner and black leather but used figured ash for contrast based on other recommendations on the forum. I was concerned about too much black too, but folks said it looks really good and is not too much. The light headliner we have in our S shows dirt and I think with falcon wings the headliner might get dirty.

I can tell you Friday how it looks :)

mind sharing more experience about it? I know there is a thread discussion it, but would like to get more suggestions from most recent owners. If possible, would you mind posting pictures on the from face with lights on and the headliner?
I can post pictures, but not until Saturday when I pick mine up. The headliner and part of the top dashboard is cloth versus the plusher stuff, but that works for me. The leather accents are basically the same from what I could tell of others pictures, but there could be some extra spots in the PUP. One other thing to consider is if going with black seats without PUP, maybe save another $2500 and go with the semi-cloth seats. From pictures I have seen here on TMC, they look really nice. I just had to have the white seats myself.