Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My X had a bad day today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Started by showing the X Christmas show to a friend, the show started then stopped. I moved the car as it was close to a tree, open parking lot, show starts and part way is starts playing mixed in some radio noise with the song, the car continues with all kinds of distorted noise with the song mixed in. Show ends, get in the car to drive, no power steering with a warning on the dash car needs service steering assist is limited. Park the car and back into drive and steering works. Now comes the good part 1/2 hour later I'm driving into a slow speed housing area, click this link to hear what was coming from the speakers as I drove slowly. Had to do a 2 wheel reboot to clear this.

Had the exact same issue on our new MX back in June, right when we hopped in the car for our week long 1k mile July 4th road trip.

Freaked the hell out as we were all loaded up and ready to go.

Rebooted with the wheels and it went away. That was 2 firmware versions ago. Has not done that again since then.