Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My XM radio was erased/reset without a software update. Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got into my car today. After listening to Slacker for a solid day or two, suddenly it developed the lag/loading error problems I have been reading about here.

(I had 7 perfect, flawless, exemplary days where it loaded, fast forwarded, switched beautifully!)

I had three stoppages on three consecutive songs.

So I thought I'd go back to XM (which was already active and already functioning in this car).

I hit the NFL Radio (Ch 88) button in my favorites, and up came the promotional Channel 1. I hit it again, and no change (although this time it displayed Ch 88, but played the same audio from Ch 1). I also tried to change channels upwards using the arrow buttons - no dice.

But I was able to bring up Ch 0 which displayed the Radio ID so I could retreat to my house and attempt to reactivate the radio. (Turns out I didn't need it as the radio was still active on my XM account page.)

I checked my car's software build. and nothing changed since I picked the car up.

Anyone aware of a reason it would revert to being unprogrammed?

Heaven forbid Slacker doesn't work during a road trip and I can't use XM either . . .

Got into my car today. After listening to Slacker for a solid day or two, suddenly it developed the lag/loading error problems I have been reading about here.

(I had 7 perfect, flawless, exemplary days where it loaded, fast forwarded, switched beautifully!)

I had three stoppages on three consecutive songs.

So I thought I'd go back to XM (which was already active and already functioning in this car).

I hit the NFL Radio (Ch 88) button in my favorites, and up came the promotional Channel 1. I hit it again, and no change (although this time it displayed Ch 88, but played the same audio from Ch 1). I also tried to change channels upwards using the arrow buttons - no dice.

But I was able to bring up Ch 0 which displayed the Radio ID so I could retreat to my house and attempt to reactivate the radio. (Turns out I didn't need it as the radio was still active on my XM account page.)

I checked my car's software build. and nothing changed since I picked the car up.

Anyone aware of a reason it would revert to being unprogrammed?

Heaven forbid Slacker doesn't work during a road trip and I can't use XM either . . .

We've had our S for a year now. Your problem reminds me of what we went thru initially to get XM working
If my memory serves correct, it took a few calls to Sirius and some system refreshes from them until it magically started working
Make sure to leave car out of garage or a covered area when trying to refresh

Reactions: pdx3181
Seems like the satellite companies occasionally send updates, and if your car is in a garage or obstructed area and the radio misses the update the radio will go to default mode with only the one channel to listen to.

I suggest you call XM and give them the serial number of your car. Bet you will have signal within 5 minutes.

Reactions: pdx3181