Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY22 M3: Moisture In Rear Lamp(s)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a 2022, purchased in the summer. Recently, moisture has been accumulation in the passenger side body tail lamp. It stays damp for a couple of days, sometimes more, before eventually evaporating. The front marker lamps also get moisture but those evaporate in a couple of hours - not a real concern. I took the car in for repair, but it's become worse - now the driver's side does it along with the trunk mounted rear lamps. Really don't feel like doing a day trip back to shop. Does anyone experience this and what would be a solution? Thanks.

Initial Problem - Before Shop "Fix"
IMG_9041.JPG

These Next Two Pics are After I Returned from Shop - Note that initial issue seems to have been resolved.
IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

There have been a lot (lot) of threads on this topic over the last few years here at TMC. I am not that invested in the topic so I dont have an answer, but here is one of the many threads that showed up when I searched for "moisture in tail lights" as I knew it had come up several times before.

This one is 12 pages long so perhaps there is something in there that might help you. Personally I would take it back to tesla, thats the only answer that would work for me, but perhaps there is something else in the thread:

Reactions: Darkmann