Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY7 California Delivery.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone else is in a similar situation, I thought I should share my experience. I ordered a MY7, blue ext, black int, 19" Gemini, no tow, Autopilot on 2/26/2021 and completed my profile on 2/27. I have never had a delivery date posted in my account, only the "2-5 week" time frame estimate on the original order page. The SA who helped me during a test drive in early Feb texted me after I ordered and repeated what he told me after the test drive, i.e., that the car would be delivered the last two weeks of March.

Anyway, as of March 31st, I still do not have a VIN or an estimated delivery date, but Tesla called me this afternoon. The person calling said that she saw that I did not have a VIN yet, but that I would get one of the cars produced in the first couple of weeks of April. She asked if I had a lease ending or some other issue and I told her that I did not have did not and that I am not financing so I have no immediate deadlines. (I hope this is good for my karma since there might be others out there in SoCal that are more desperate than I am for their car!).

I told her that I appreciated Tesla checking in since I was uncertain whether those of us in California who missed the end-of-quarter were going to get cars from early in April or if we would have to wait for the end of the NEXT quarter. She said that as soon as the quarter ends, the match people without cars to cars that did not get sold for one reason or another and gave the example of financing falling through. I have to admit, I also wonder if there are cars that were just so poorly made in the last-minute rush that customers rejected them. I guess I might say. Slightly confusingly, she added at the end that it is very rare that those of us who miss the end of March will have to wait until end of June. So, that was NOT comforting, but I guess we'll see.

All of this is, of course, subject to the limitation of my memory of the quick phone call, but I hope it might help others who might be in the dark as far as their MY7 is concerned.

• Informative
Reactions: jendegooze
In case anyone else is in a similar situation, I thought I should share my experience. I ordered a MY7, blue ext, black int, 19" Gemini, no tow, Autopilot on 2/26/2021 and completed my profile on 2/27. I have never had a delivery date posted in my account, only the "2-5 week" time frame estimate on the original order page. The SA who helped me during a test drive in early Feb texted me after I ordered and repeated what he told me after the test drive, i.e., that the car would be delivered the last two weeks of March.

Anyway, as of March 31st, I still do not have a VIN or an estimated delivery date, but Tesla called me this afternoon. The person calling said that she saw that I did not have a VIN yet, but that I would get one of the cars produced in the first couple of weeks of April. She asked if I had a lease ending or some other issue and I told her that I did not have did not and that I am not financing so I have no immediate deadlines. (I hope this is good for my karma since there might be others out there in SoCal that are more desperate than I am for their car!).

I told her that I appreciated Tesla checking in since I was uncertain whether those of us in California who missed the end-of-quarter were going to get cars from early in April or if we would have to wait for the end of the NEXT quarter. She said that as soon as the quarter ends, the match people without cars to cars that did not get sold for one reason or another and gave the example of financing falling through. I have to admit, I also wonder if there are cars that were just so poorly made in the last-minute rush that customers rejected them. I guess I might say. Slightly confusingly, she added at the end that it is very rare that those of us who miss the end of March will have to wait until end of June. So, that was NOT comforting, but I guess we'll see.

All of this is, of course, subject to the limitation of my memory of the quick phone call, but I hope it might help others who might be in the dark as far as their MY7 is concerned.
I don't know if anyone is reading this now that the quarter has ended, but I wanted to finish the story. I was assigned a VIN on 4/1, at which point I was able to complete my payment information. I went ahead and paid the full amount and was (fortunately, according to news reports) charged only once! By 4/2 (Friday) morning, the debit listed as completed and my Tesla account reflected that they had received the full payment. However, no estimated delivery date showed up and I did not hear anything. I was busy and did not get a chance to call Tesla on Friday or Saturday. Sunday was Easter, so I didn't bother them.

On Monday 4/5, I called my local Tesla showroom and reached a very helpful person, who informed me that my car was being transported down to San Diego. Later that day, I was able to schedule a delivery time of 10am on Wednesday (today as of this posting) at the Carlsbad center. However, yesterday I received a text from my SA saying he saw that I had an appointment, but my car was ready and he offered to set it up for delivery that day. I agreed and the car showed up in my driveway a few hours later.

I did a fairly thorough inspection and the build quality looks good. I did not note any major panel gap discrepancies and certainly no deal-breakers. Good luck to all those waiting!

Reactions: usklx and asaulo1
I don't know if anyone is reading this now that the quarter has ended, but I wanted to finish the story. I was assigned a VIN on 4/1, at which point I was able to complete my payment information. I went ahead and paid the full amount and was (fortunately, according to news reports) charged only once! By 4/2 (Friday) morning, the debit listed as completed and my Tesla account reflected that they had received the full payment. However, no estimated delivery date showed up and I did not hear anything. I was busy and did not get a chance to call Tesla on Friday or Saturday. Sunday was Easter, so I didn't bother them.

On Monday 4/5, I called my local Tesla showroom and reached a very helpful person, who informed me that my car was being transported down to San Diego. Later that day, I was able to schedule a delivery time of 10am on Wednesday (today as of this posting) at the Carlsbad center. However, yesterday I received a text from my SA saying he saw that I had an appointment, but my car was ready and he offered to set it up for delivery that day. I agreed and the car showed up in my driveway a few hours later.

I did a fairly thorough inspection and the build quality looks good. I did not note any major panel gap discrepancies and certainly no deal-breakers. Good luck to all those waiting!
Thanks for the update and congrats!

You have the longest wait I have seen so far, 13 months is crazy, makes me really anxious about my MY7 order October 2021.