Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/15
Blue/Black/Gemini
EDD(1): Jan-Mar 2023
EDD(2): Feb 3-Mar 3
EDD(3): Jan 30-Feb 12
EDD(4-10): Day to day slip starting Jan 30 - The ice storm in Texas was probably the cause for the day to day slips.
VIN assigned: Feb 6 PA06
Pickup scheduled for 2/14

Pinged my SA when I got my VIN asking when the vehicle was built and if it had Matrix lights. Received and answer back same day saying, “it rolled off production yesterday (2/5) an it will have the matrix headlights”.

Was questioning the Matrix lights since it’s an Austin Build, but saw in another thread they got theirs from Austin and has Matrix lights. That would be awesome! I’ll find out in a week!

Edit: typo

Reactions: metromoxie
Blue/Black/Gemini
EDD(4-10): Day to day slip starting Jan 30 - The ice storm in Texas was probably the cause for the day to day slips.

Pinged my SA when I got my VIN asking when the vehicle was built and if it had Matrix lights. Received and answer back same day saying, “it rolled off production yesterday (2/5) an it will have the matrix headlights”.

Was questioning the Matrix lights since it’s an Austin Build, but saw in another thread they got theirs from Austin and has Matrix lights. That would be awesome! I’ll find out in a week!

Awesome. Congrats

Reactions: Frunkenstein
Blue/Black/Gemini

Congratulations. Really looking forward for Matrix headlights after all we’re spending almost 55K, we shd expect them. But I’m hearing conflicting answers from most of them, saying only Fremont built has matrix headlights not the Austin one. Waiting on ours placed order on 1/16 with current EDD 2/16-3/16

Why wouldn’t buyers just use the app to get updates instead of calling-texting-emailing? Sounds like some expect an update (almost) daily? You’re on the schedule and you’ll be notified when there’s a more meaningful change. Frustrated? If you must have an update daily, look on the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhi99
Blue/Black/Gemini

Matrix out of Austin? Hopefully it's true! Congrats! Impatiently waiting for my 1/23 order

OD 1/17 NYC
Just got my VIN! What does PA06 mean again?

It’s asking me to upload insurance now so I’ll get that down today.

Original EDD was 2/20-3/31
EDD is now 2/20-3/1

Should I apply for financing now? Is the 2/20-3/1 EDD more or less guaranteed? What if I refuse delivery? I’m considering the 30 day window.

Just excited there is a chance I can take delivery before the end of March in the event that there is a chance in the $7500 credit requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenYer
OD 1/17 NYC
Just got my VIN! What does PA06 mean again?

It’s asking me to upload insurance now so I’ll get that down today.

Original EDD was 2/20-3/31
EDD is now 2/20-3/1

Should I apply for financing now? Is the 2/20-3/1 EDD more or less guaranteed? What if I refuse delivery? I’m considering the 30 day window.

Just excited there is a chance I can take delivery before the end of March in the event that there is a chance in the $7500 credit requirements.
Congrats… PA means Austin build

MYLR Blue/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/14
EDD1: Jan -Mar
EDD2: 2/2-3/2
EDD3: 2/5-2/19
EDD4: 2/6-219
EDD5: 2/7-2/19
EDD6: 2/8-2/19
Still NO VIN

This is like the cruelest joke ever. Every day that passes they just move the first number in the EDD up. It feels like something is wrong but Telsa hasn't answered my texts for the last 4 days. Don't know what to do.

Long range as well. I got my vin and contacted the SA asking about Austin build and matrix lights and said mine didn't come with it. A little disappointed but oh well. Hopefully my SA is a bit off.
Unfortunately, chances are your SA is correct. There were a few members who reported that they were assigned a MYLR from Austin with matrix headlights based on their communication with their respective SAs. But upon delivery or pictures provided to them, they realized that wasn't the case. :confused:

All MYLR models originating from Austin are equipped with only premium headlights (non-matrix) as far as I know. I reached out to a SA yesterday and was told, moving forward, even MYLR models originating from Fremont will be equipped with only premium headlights with the exception of MYP models which will continue to have global headlights (matrix). My guess is that MYP demand jumped considerably since the IRS/IRA revision so existing stock had to be reallocated accordingly. But we'll see if that's really the case as people start receiving their Fremont-built MYLR vehicles later this month. 🤓

I'm happy for the members who received MYLR w/ matrix headlights since the price drop was announced as it adds a bit of future-proofing. I'm sure Tesla will end up releasing an update to finally enable the adaptive capabilities. But I don't think that'll happen anytime soon until there's enough parity with all the Tesla vehicles on the road, sufficient reliability/testing data for matrix headlights on Tesla-specific vehicles since June 2021, and improvements on the supply chain front. Essentially, there's a timing aspect and it needs to be worth it for Tesla to prioritize its implementation from a software development standpoint once those stars align. Obviously, this is purely conjecture on my part, haha. 🙂

I was also assigned an Austin build. I'm actually more so curious if it's now standard that the center console uses a magnetic mechanism instead of a physical latch. 🧐

Unfortunately, chances are your SA is correct. There were a few members who reported that they were assigned a MYLR from Austin with matrix headlights based on their communication with their respective SAs. But upon delivery or pictures provided to them, they realized that wasn't the case. :confused:

All MYLR models originating from Austin are equipped with only premium headlights (non-matrix) as far as I know. I reached out to a SA yesterday and was told, moving forward, even MYLR models originating from Fremont will be equipped with only premium headlights with the exception of MYP models which will continue to have global headlights (matrix). My guess is that MYP demand jumped considerably since the IRS/IRA revision so existing stock had to be reallocated accordingly. But we'll see if that's really the case as people start receiving their Fremont-built MYLR vehicles later this month. 🤓

I'm happy for the members who received MYLR w/ matrix headlights since the price drop was announced as it adds a bit of future-proofing. I'm sure Tesla will end up releasing an update to finally enable the adaptive capabilities. But I don't think that'll happen anytime soon until there's enough parity with all the Tesla vehicles on the road, sufficient reliability/testing data for matrix headlights on Tesla-specific vehicles since June 2021, and improvements on the supply chain front. Essentially, there's a timing aspect and it needs to be worth it for Tesla to prioritize its implementation from a software development standpoint once those stars align. Obviously, this is purely conjecture on my part, haha. 🙂

I was also assigned an Austin build. I'm actually more so curious if it's now standard that the center console uses a magnetic mechanism instead of a physical latch. 🧐
This is my first one so I am hoping but not holding my breath. Wish they would just make matrix standard. All good though. Got in a hertz model 3 and my life was changed. Looking forward to receivng this awesome machine anyways.