Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Delivery Date Delayed 3+ Months...Beyond the WIndow of a New Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that Delivery windows change due to myriad circumstances. Frustrating, but OK. My December delivery just moved to March - May. Pisser.

Here's the thing: I can order the exact same model/specs new on the site now and have a stated delivery window of December - March.

Anybody have any experience / thoughts?

Thanks

My guess is it will reset again. Back in June almost all orders got pushed to some ridiculous date range....mine went from December to Apr-Jun 2023. After awhile all of those reset to dates more in line with previous estimates. No way to know for sure but Mar-May makes no sense.

What is your order specs and order date?

My guess is it will reset again. Back in June almost all orders got pushed to some ridiculous date range....mine went from December to Apr-Jun 2023. After awhile all of those reset to dates more in line with previous estimates. No way to know for sure but Mar-May makes no sense.

What is your order specs and order date?
Thanks. MYLR / Blue / White / 19". Order date July 8.

Seeing some posts about delays due to the white interior. Still odd that the posted date range for new orders is better.

I get that Delivery windows change due to myriad circumstances. Frustrating, but OK. My December delivery just moved to March - May. Pisser.

Here's the thing: I can order the exact same model/specs new on the site now and have a stated delivery window of December - March.

Thanks
Honestly the delivery date is like a magic eight ball, its random and nobody really knows. I don’t even think any of the SA can really give you any better news. I’m going to assume there‘s a bunch of things in play such as color/options/location/luck.

Thanks
I'm swap with you.
I ordered in March. MYLR white interior, white exterior, hitch, base wheels. EDD moved all over the place, now 12/1-12/31. But I'd like to accept it in 2023 for the tax credit. I'm trying to find a way to get them to delay until January, but doesn't sound promising from what I've heard.

I'm swap with you.
I ordered in March. MYLR white interior, white exterior, hitch, base wheels. EDD moved all over the place, now 12/1-12/31. But I'd like to accept it in 2023 for the tax credit. I'm trying to find a way to get them to delay until January, but doesn't sound promising from what I've heard.
My experience is with the EDD ranges, Tesla more than likely hits the front of the date and window to pick up is less than 7 days. They are in the business of building vehicles and delivering them to recognize the revenue - not holding vehicles for a few weeks. Your only option if it comes in early for delivery in 2022 and you want to wait till 2023 for delivery, is to call your SA to release the VIN to the next order holder with same config and get back in line for the next available VIN in production.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88

Thanks
I ordered the performance model based on services recommendation last month and got it in 2 weeks

I'm swap with you.
I don't even see a way to delay when they setup delivery for our MY yesterday. Maybe if you reject the delivery attempt or if you call your SA when they give you a VIN.

I'm swap with you.
That's the thing, you'd think people would be cancelling and reordering (clearing inventory) but apparently not

I'm swap with you.
Maybe, although I understand delays may be due to issues with the white interior

Thanks
Be happy cause in 2023, you can claim the EV credit again.

Thanks

Congratulations...
(Perhaps)

I don't want to take delivery of a new Y before 2023, but Tesla keep trying to give me a VIN and setup a delivery.

MYLR/Blue/19" Gemini/Tow Hitch

OD: 10/28/22
EDD when ordered: December 2022-April 2023
EDD updated on 9/4/22: December 6th - December 31st

I am not sure if I believe this delivery date. Would anyone think ordering late October that a December delivery date is realistic? Seems a lot of folks have been waiting 6+ months.

I am not sure if I believe this delivery date. Would anyone think ordering late October that a December delivery date is realistic? Seems a lot of folks have been waiting 6+ months.
New orders even for base MY shows December. I think demand has dried up waiting for 2023 tax rebate. Who would order now if waiting a few weeks could be $7500 cheaper.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

Yes, you should have waited but they may increase the price right before the new year. Tesla wins not the customer.