Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR horn 1st repair experience @ Manchester

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 months old MYLR, lock notification horn weak, first booking is mobility onsite repair, few days later, they told me I have to drive to service center , repair time around 1.5 hours.
Step 1. On time arrival and park at dropoff
Step 2. Enter your email address on service center ipad to check in(no need to hand in the key card, they can access without the key)
Step 3. Take a break at lounge ( free coke , coffee, snacks, fruit with Wi-Fi and rest room )
Step 4, keep watching your Tesla Apps to communicate with technician, you can see the expected completion time in the Tesla apps
Step 5 , will receive a notification after repair and they will send a PIN for access your car temporarily.

It’s perfect if car washing and free charging after repair.

Attachments

• BF8D36D3-54C8-4AAA-8C8C-B55BC8AAF67D.jpeg
    BF8D36D3-54C8-4AAA-8C8C-B55BC8AAF67D.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Ikin and Toblerone
On the one hand, I find it really rather impressive that something like a "weak horn" shows up as a notification.

On the flip side, I had no lights at all at the front end of my car one night and the car didn't know anything about it lol

Weird priorities I guess but sure. Why not.

FWIW, the left side of my horn hasn't been working...ever, since delivery (though I only discovered the problem about two weeks after taking delivery). Mobile service came out to attempt an adjustment, but says I'll need to take it into the service center to have it replaced entirely. Wonder how widespread this is....

4 months old MYLR, lock notification horn weak, first booking is mobility onsite repair, few days later, they told me I have to drive to service center , repair time around 1.5 hours.
Step 1. On time arrival and park at dropoff
Step 2. Enter your email address on service center ipad to check in(no need to hand in the key card, they can access without the key)
Step 3. Take a break at lounge ( free coke , coffee, snacks, fruit with Wi-Fi and rest room )
Step 4, keep watching your Tesla Apps to communicate with technician, you can see the expected completion time in the Tesla apps
Step 5 , will receive a notification after repair and they will send a PIN for access your car temporarily.

It’s perfect if car washing and free charging after repair.
Bad news though, they may have forgot to mention but all your tyres seem to be bald and flat.

All my experiences with Tesla Manchester in Stockport have been very good - they seem to provide a great balance between a traditional 'value add' car showroom and the new 'Tesla' stark as f**k customer experience.

We have a 1 month old Model Y, the horn notification on lock is a short quiet/soft sound, I'd assumed this was intentional, i.e enough of a sound for you to hear when close enough to the vehicle (rather than a full on honk, so as not to disturb the neighbours).