Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR or MYP vs. VIN vs. MCU type vs. Battery type Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: speedy7
The tracker is a great idea. I was surprised to see the first confirmed case of MYLR with Ryzen GPU. But interesting that Tesla is not following VIN sequence. Note the last 3 entries below. 339xxx has Ryzen, but not 352xxx. Any gurus willing to give insight?

1640839309425.png

Reactions: Firocity
I don't see what I would regard as reliable proof yet this is happening.
There aren't enough data points to come to some kind of conclusion at this time. We would like to collect as many inputs as possible to determine whether or not there is a general trend of some kind. The inclusion of a manufacturing facility code is a good idea once Austin starts production.

May want to track if FSD was purchased, I can see them prioritizing cars with FSD to avoid a computer swap later ( if necessary)
My understanding is all cars have FSD capable computers. That is because Tesla also sells FSF on a monthly lease basis. But I do know Tesla prioritizes cars with FSD, so I remove mine. But I plan to add FSd using my credit card after I take delivery of my car.

Reactions: Wigan and preilly44
My understanding is all cars have FSD capable computers. That is because Tesla also sells FSF on a monthly lease basis. But I do know Tesla prioritizes cars with FSD, so I remove mine. But I plan to add FSd using my credit card after I take delivery of my car.
Yes, say that but the reality is they don't know what hardware the final FSD release will require. Some of the Tesla's released between 2016 and 2019 require a $1500 upgrade if you want to do a monthly lease since HW 3.0 computers are required (People who purchased FSD had and will continue to have their HW upgraded for free)

So yes, cars released today can run FSD beta in its current form but there is no guarentee it will be able to run it in the future without a HW upgrade, thats why I assume that if they are transitioning to the Ryzen while trying to exhaust their current stock of Intel based computers they would want to prioritize the cars where people actually bought FSD since it may save them an upgrade in the future.

[...] they would want to prioritize the cars where people actually bought FSD since it may save them an upgrade in the future.
If this is anything like the HW2.5->HW3.0 transition that started in May 2019, it seems like Tesla would prioritize higher priced models (who are more likely to purchase FSD or upgrade to FSD down the road). My June 2019 M3 LR build came with HW3 but I saw reports of M3 SR+ still shipping with HW2.5 for at least a few months after that. I doubt anything on the assembly changes based on whether the FSD checkbox is ticked or not.

Reactions: android04
It's really hard to keep track of the MCU -> VIN relation across different threads. I haven't seen anyone create a Google form yet to collect/aggregate data, so it'd be great if those taking delivery could fill out this quick form: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker

Results can be viewed here: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)
Thanks for setting this up.
I made some edits to your excel sheet to add filters and some charts. Also added some data validation so the choices are in drop down format.

would be interested in understanding whether FSD plays a role in what chip one gets. I'm due in 2-6 weeks for MYP (no FSD at the moment). I'm willing to try and add FSD if there is a way to remove before taking delivery.

Anyone know if removing is as easy adding at this point in the process?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 8.37.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 8.37.46 AM.png
    604.2 KB · Views: 316
There aren't enough data points to come to some kind of conclusion at this time. We would like to collect as many inputs as possible to determine whether or not there is a general trend of some kind. The inclusion of a manufacturing facility code is a good idea once Austin starts production.
Still not seeing reliable proof there are Ryzens in ANY U.S. cars, is my point.