Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Unicorn Combo? - March order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered White/White/Tow/3rd Row March 2022 and have been pending "December 2022" since - this is a unicorn combo isn't it? Anyone think there's a prayer I'll delivery in December in time to get the "discount/rebate"?

I don’t know about getting it delivered in December, but if it doesn’t come till 2023 you get a 7500 discount from uncle sizzle.

The term unicorn for a tesla denotes a model which is generally unavailable anymore or has a super limited option set lol 😂

Ie. Model S P85DL+…+ suspension, Ludicrous upgrade. Literally only offered for a super rare set of VINS.

But I get your point lol :)

Ordered White/White/Tow/3rd Row March 2022 and have been pending "December 2022" since - this is a unicorn combo isn't it? Anyone think there's a prayer I'll delivery in December in time to get the "discount/rebate"?
I ordered the same vehicle without the TOW on Feb 18, 2022. I have the same delivery estimate. I am not holding my breathe.

I don’t know about getting it delivered in December, but if it doesn’t come till 2023 you get a 7500 discount from uncle sizzle.

There is no guarantee they will get anything. It will depend on how much of the car is reported to be utilizing sources from US or "allied countries". So Teslas may end up qualifying for only half of that 7500, which is the 3750. No one knows exactly as of yet. Also for many people they can never qualify for the tax credit due to income limits. I was never going to qualify for the tax credit so this discount worked out great.

The real unicorn for December pick up is a MYLR with matrix headlights and new RGB cameras. Previously the unicorn was matrix headlights + new RGB cameras + ultrasonic sensors... sadly none of the production starting about 5-6 weeks ago have USS any longer.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
There is no guarantee they will get anything. It will depend on how much of the car is reported to be utilizing sources from US or "allied countries". So Teslas may end up qualifying for only half of that 7500, which is the 3750. No one knows exactly as of yet. Also for many people they can never qualify for the tax credit due to income limits. I was never going to qualify for the tax credit so this discount worked out great.

This is my boat, I won't qualify for any tax breaks based on income limits, I want that December discount for sure. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath

Reactions: EVDeepDive
How long has it just said "December 2022"? The entire 8 months?

For older orders (like your March order) that was typically a red flag that something was wrong with the account. Is your profile complete?
Make sure you have your payment set to Cash and No trade-in selected. You can change those to whatever you like once you get a VIN.

How long has it just said "December 2022"? The entire 8 months?

For older orders (like your March order) that was typically a red flag that something was wrong with the account. Is your profile complete?
Make sure you have your payment set to Cash and No trade-in selected. You can change those to whatever you like once you get a VIN.

I've changed the payment method a few times over the 8 months, had all kinds of different ranges, for at least the past 2-3 months it's said "DECEMBER 2022"

Mystery Tesla text message person helped me update my payment stuff last week. No change. I texted the mystery Tesla person at my location and no update. They know I exist.