Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP 0-60 time question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, been spending a lot of time on Reddit reading about how apparently Tesla’s 0-60 specs are based on no roll out, but I always thought it did use roll out to exaggerate their performance numbers.

I did my own tests using my GoPro and playing it back watching the speedo and my video in milliseconds and seems that I’m getting 3.45 as my fastest time with no roll out. I understand that the speedo isn’t 100% accurate but I can live with a. Rough estimate.

My question is, at what speed does the MYP do a 1ft rollout with the 21in wheels? Ive read anywhere from 3-5mph. If that’s the case, I have a faster than advertised MYP doing 3.3s. I really don’t feel like buying draggy just I use one time. I was just curious.

If you're just doing it for your own fun, don't worry about it. But if you want to compare your time to advertised claims and other cars, a GoPro isn't going to cut it at all. you could easily be off .3 or .4, or 0. There's just no way to tell. Like I said, no big deal for your own fun and for comparing multiple runs in your own car. But it just won't work to compare your car to anything else. Apples to apples and all that.