Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP 2022 jack area ground clearance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the ground to jack point clearance on the MPY?

I have a 2022 MYP on order. I bought forged wheels and once the MYP arrives want to take off the 21" wheels / tires to sell as new in the Tesla lot. I have some jack pads but want to know if the Jacks I have will work or if I need to just buy a new one. I can subtract my jack pads height from that. I know the vehicle is about 4500 lbs so to jack up half the car I will need a 3 ton to be safe.

Does everyone drive up on blocks to make things work?
What if you get a flat and the car sits lower?

I use a low profile jack (1.5t aluminum HF jack) and low profile pucks (search CZ industries on Ebay) to start my jacking but then I use a 3 ton Harbor Freight steel jack to finish going up. I have about 4 inches of ground clearance (because of the rear side skirt area) with MPP coilovers. The car is so rigid that if you can get one corner up, you sort of lift the whole vehicle.

I have also seen mobile techs not use a jack pad because their jack supposedly has one but they use a 3 ton aluminum one from HF as well.

If you don't lower the car, you shouldn't have any problems with a regular jack and regular jack pads. I would consider my car a "worst case" scenario.

Attachments

• 20220104_112755.jpg
    20220104_112755.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 20220308_124918.jpg
    20220308_124918.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpg
    IMG_5548.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Interesting idea with scissor jack. Though hard to test until I get the Tesla and I need to have something work first go.
Still no measurements on a MYP with stock lowered suspension without some aftermarket coil over setup. Anyone else?
I do appreciate the help so far.