Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP 21' Michelin Pilot AS4 Sizing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update with around 1,500 miles on the AS4s. Still extremely happy with them. Some noticeable advantages over the Pirellis: overall ride comfort/suppleness, appearance, and obviously more versatile in bad weather. No downsides that I've seen. Road noise is less intrusive than the Pirellis (though as I noted in my initial reaction, I'm not sure if there's less from a dB perspective, but it is less annoying).

With ~9,000 miles on the Pirellis and ~1,500 miles on the AS4 my MYP's efficiency was at 310 wh/mi for Pirelli and 320 wh/mi for Michelin. I don't think these data sets are fully comparable--there are a lot of differences in the driving conditions for both tires. But the distances are long enough to wipe out some of that noise, and I'm comfortable saying I don't expect any meaningful difference in efficiency.

Discount tire is running a Black Friday sale through the end of today, where if you order four of the Michelin all season tires, Theyll throw in $110 off and 5% off the cost of the tires. If you’ve been waiting to purchase them, this may be a nice incentive to get it paid for today, and save a little cash.
Thank you!

Just placed an order on Discount Tire Direct and received $110 off for Black Friday PLUS $40 cash back for going through Rakuten. No taxes for me since I live in NH so all in for $1378 + installation.

For anyone thinking of pulling the trigger on these, now is a great time. Copy pasting the item numbers for Discount Tire Direct below:

265 /35 R21 101Y XL BSW
Item #89331

275 /35 R21 103Y XL BSW
Item #89338

Discount tire is running a Black Friday sale through the end of today, where if you order four of the Michelin all season tires, Theyll throw in $110 off and 5% off the cost of the tires. If you’ve been waiting to purchase them, this may be a nice incentive to get it paid for today, and save a little cash.

couldnt wait for this... thats a nice deal

Thank you!

Just placed an order on Discount Tire Direct and received $110 off for Black Friday PLUS $40 cash back for going through Rakuten. No taxes for me since I live in NH so all in for $1378 + installation.

For anyone thinking of pulling the trigger on these, now is a great time. Copy pasting the item numbers for Discount Tire Direct below:

265 /35 R21 101Y XL BSW
Item #89331

275 /35 R21 103Y XL BSW
Item #89338
I’m trying to order these but it won’t let me because they “don’t fit your car” but I can’t figure out how to bypass the fitment checker to order. I know they aren’t OEM sizes just let me give you money and you give me tires!

I’m trying to order these but it won’t let me because they “don’t fit your car” but I can’t figure out how to bypass the fitment checker to order. I know they aren’t OEM sizes just let me give you money and you give me tires!
I think I searched by tire size, not by car. I think you can also go to tires by brand and select Michelin brand and then AS 4 tires. Hope this helps.

Hi All - Does anyone know if Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 Acoustic rear tires would work with non-Acoustic front tires? Discountdirect has them available so I might just order it but would like to know if someone has prior experience with this setup. Thank you.

Front
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 265 /35 R21 101Y XL BSW Mat # 89331

Rear
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 275 /35 R21 103Y XL BSW Acoustic Mat # 102172

If you mean do the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire in the OE size 255/45-19" fit the OE 19" Gemini wheels? The answer is yes, this wheel and tire combination will fit the Performance Model Y.
Sorry I meant do the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires fit the MYP with 19” wheels. I have the All Season 4 tires currently and wanted to switch to the 4S for potentially improved ride comfort

It does not appear so. You can find many of the major tire brands here:

Tire Rack: Tires, Wheels, Car Parts and Accessories
thanks, below is the list of tire sizes and I didn’t see one that would fit the 19”s as well as OEMs. Would any of the other ones work close enough?

1EFCA02D-154A-4004-BABA-018EBBA49862.jpeg