Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP 255/35R21 on rear as well as front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, I had heard a couple of recommendations to square up the MYP by having 275 tires on 10.5” uberturbines on both rear and front. However, Tesla Service recommended against that strongly due to the lack of clearance in front wheel wells. Given that one can purchase a 20” tire/wheel package at 255 and thus (presumably) 9.5” rims, would it not be possible to square up the MYP by having 4 of the 255 rims, the 9.5” uberturbines, so put those on the rear of the MYP?

I’m picking up my MYP tomorrow, and am trying to define what the options actually are for putting rims on the front for which one can actually purchase all season tires for all 4 wheels.

Thanks!!

VelkySyr

I'm going to be running a 21x9.5" on a +30mm offset square setup with TSportline TS5 wheels, and will be running 265-35/21 tires all around.

You can certainly do this but you might need to purchase spare wheels separately as most places won't sell 21" wheels in a square setup for the Model Y (you mostly see staggered 21" wheel packages and some places won't break up those packages, including from TSportline).

if you really like the look of Uberturbines and 21'' size. I would get 2 front wheels and put it on the back to get a spare set up.
But with that you may end up with 4 rear wheels. Who knows may be some people with MPP Coilovers that allows you to raise MY will get it from you to square their set up of 275/35/21.
I wouldn't put less rubber on a bigger wheel.
Or you can sell your Ubers and get aftermarket wheels plenty of options.

Howdy all!! Here's what I ended up doing...

I purchased from Discount Tire Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 255/40R20 tires. TireRack does not carry any Nokian tires from what I could see in searching for the brand. I'm trying to coax (and not the cable type!!) Tesla into selling me 20" Induction rims and TPMS sensors. They said they would but it has been a week since my inquiry and I still do not have purchase info. First World problem!!
VelkySyr

Howdy all!! Here's what I ended up doing...

I purchased from Discount Tire Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 255/40R20 tires. TireRack does not carry any Nokian tires from what I could see in searching for the brand. I'm trying to coax (and not the cable type!!) Tesla into selling me 20" Induction rims and TPMS sensors. They said they would but it has been a week since my inquiry and I still do not have purchase info. First World problem!!
VelkySyr
I picked up 4 TPMS sensors at the service center when I picked up my Y on Thursday. $300+tax.