Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Add FSD then Cancel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know if adding FSD to an MYP order prioritizes the delivery date? According to a Tesla SA, she recommended adding it to the order to prioritize delivery. According to the website, adding FSD to an MYP does not change the delivery date, but she claims that it will prioritize it.

Also, if you add it in, can you remove it before taking delivery?

Thanks!!!

not worth it. what will happen you will add it, get a earlier delivery as soon as they assign you a vin you cannot remove it. If you do you will be sent back in line. If you remove it before your build date will be updated and pushed accordingly as well

Thought about it, and briefly added it, but decided it wasn’t worth the risk. I think for now it might be possible, but I have to imagine Tesla will crack down on that if they see people abusing it.

My SA was very vague but only said they are prioritizing FSD and to check over the next couple of days for an updated delivery date. My wife and I discussed and we added FSD because we think it is a good investment and will only go up in price later this year. It isn't for everybody though and I would bet money Tesla is not going to let you add it and then remove it once you get your VIN. Don't risk it unless your willing to pay for the FSD is my advice.